cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Contract

Pianotuner
Tuning in

Hi,

Virgin offered me a new deal for 18 months, with a speed increase and a new TV box.

They asked if I wanted a mobile phone contract as Virgin are now working with 02.  I said no, I am happy with my current phone company.  When Virgin emailed me the contract, I scrolled down 4 or 5 pages and saw an 02 Contract which I had not agreed to.  The telephone no on the contract was unobtainable/non existent so I wrote to the address and said I did not want the contract, they haven't replied and guess what? every time I ring I get cut off without fail, to the point where it is becoming obvious it is deliberate.  My Bank advised me that they had set up a standing order and £25 was taken on Monday last.  Has this happened to anyone else?

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Chris,

The matter is not resolved with 02 as I believe the letter advising me to be fake.  There are grammatical errors and the lady writer even spells her name incorrectly on more than one occasion.  Whatever her command of English she should know her own name and the telephone number shown was non-existent, the only proof that is might be going the right way is if the money arrives back at my Bank and it hasn't yet.

Regarding Virgin Media, I would consider myself to be on the same (existing) contract, as the new contract was miss-sold.  This expires in September and I would then see what contracts are available.  I have been extremely satisfied with Virgin Media for the 7 years that I have been with them.

How does this sound to you?

I didn't see a purple envelope but I have sent a reply to this.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pianotuner, thanks for PMing us and I am glad to hear that we have managed to get things resolved for you. 

Please let us know if you need anything further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Will do.