cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Speed

Charvie
Joining in
Spoiler
I signed up to Ultimate Volt. Speed supposed to be 1G. Can only provide kit for 600. Virgin says ran out of 4.0 hub and can only provide 3.0 . Anyone else experienced this?
11 REPLIES 11

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not good.... hope the team here can sorce one.

Also be careful of the Hub 5. The firmware is far from finalised and still doesn't work with the WiFi pods if yiu need them (But they won't tell you that.)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Charvie,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that there seems to be an issue with supplying you with a Hub 4. Can you elaborate a little on the situation? Have you been placed onto Gig1 by the team yet, or have the team placed you onto a 600Mbps package for the interim until we can provide the Hub 4 to you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I phoned up and requested Ultimate package. Agreed deal. When email contract came in broadband was a lesser package.

I phoned again and was told 1G out of stock and that would be provided when back in. 

Will phone back tomorrow to ensure contract reflects this or I think could create future prob 

RJMD
Dialled in
Exact same issue here. Also concerned the contract only states M600 when it should state Gig1 - where do I stand once the routers become available?

JD

So phoned again today. Guy on end very helpful but says contract cannot be changed yet as an engineer is due to fit on Friday. Read out all notes. Are there problems with Hub 4 router? Is there a supply issue? All seems a bit odd.

That's nonsense - the contract can be changed whenever. I have a feeling they'll be leaving us on 600Mb then there'll be an additional charge to go up to gig when they get routers in, wouldn't surprise me - I don't trust Virgin as far I can throw them...

So lo and behold, when engineer arrived I explained situation. He then told me he had hub 4s in van and would fit one to save  messing about. Has someone been telling me porkies and if so why?

Charvie, 

So you now have a hub 4 but have you been upgraded to Gig1?

Jd

Ran test. Download speed 305 on WiFi connection. Is that what would be expected or does someone need to activate for faster?