cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt - Cancel the sim

gurpswu
Dialled in

as far as i know, the sim part of the deal is a seperate contract with o2.

is that correct?

if so, is it possible to cancel the sim within 14 day cooling of period but keep the VM broadband/tv/landline, and pay only for those?

7 REPLIES 7

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I doubt you can cancel the SIM, given it forms the 4th service that the Volt benefits depend on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an interesting question. As far as I can see the usual 14 day cool off applies to both the VM contract and the 02 one. However as Ernie suggests VM have given themselves wide discretion to cancel or withdraw contracts. Call offshore VM customer services and let us know their legal take on it. 

i just came across this which seems to imply the two contracts are not connected to each other.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/virgin-media-ulitmate-volt-bundle-ps25pm-o2-sim-removed-39342...

i'd rather not have the sim card, it's really not worth £25, and even if it was, we all already have sim cards.

but it seems the combined package is the only way to get 1 gig broadand with TV.

the whole thing is terrible, and i really can't wait until hyperoptic come to my area. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The two contracts are separate but the Volt benefits are dependent on having both.

For example, one Volt benefit is to move your Virgin Media broadband speed up to the next level.

That benefit will be removed if you cancel the SIM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

if i get a new volt contract as a new customer, and then cancel the sim, what speed broadband will i be left with?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… but you’re not actually a new customer.

What situation are you in as an existing customer that you’re trying to get out of?

Hi gurpswu,

Thanks for posting,

As Ernie_C has advised, if you did cancel the O2 SIM this would then remove the Volt benefits as both services would be needed.

Alex_Rm