cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Bundle query

mjina
On our wavelength

Just upgraded to Ultimate Volt bundle , good deal , however would you be able to cancel just the O2 part of sim ( don’t really require it but it came part of Ultimate Volt bundle ) and just keep the Virgin TV , Broadband, Landline without any penalties , loss off services or costs. I know you have  a 14 day cooling off period to cancel everything if you want.

Also why do prices change during the term of the contract after all  you take the contract out because it was a good deal at the time you signed up and one would expect to fixed during rest of your contract.

Mo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No one is forcing you to use the O2 SIM if you have no need for it. But cancelling it could well affect the Volt multi-bundle discounts. Landlines are very similar.

Annual inflation-linked price rises are baked into VM's contracts, but you do have the right to cancel all your services off the back of them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No one is forcing you to use the O2 SIM if you have no need for it. But cancelling it could well affect the Volt multi-bundle discounts. Landlines are very similar.

Annual inflation-linked price rises are baked into VM's contracts, but you do have the right to cancel all your services off the back of them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

My contract states the price is until March 2024 so I will not be expecting a price increase.  In fact I have never had a price increase during any of my contract periods.

Interesting article below......

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2023/january/virgin-media-broadband-tv-phone-price-hikes-2023...

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

My contract states the price is until March 2024 so I will not be expecting a price increase.

I wouldn't be so sure - your contract will almost certainly be a base price with discounts. The base price will be subject to the inflation-linked increase and the fixed discount applied to the new base price.

If you genuinely are on a fixed price, then well done.

@japitts wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

My contract states the price is until March 2024 so I will not be expecting a price increase.

I wouldn't be so sure - your contract will almost certainly be a base price with discounts. The base price will be subject to the inflation-linked increase and the fixed discount applied to the new base price.

If you genuinely are on a fixed price, then well done.

Hopefully my latest contract is no different to all the other contracts I have had over the last 20+ years.