cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Bundle not honored or gone horribly wrong

Mistophercrobbs
Joining in

Hi All,

In January, I upgraded my Cable/Phone package which was out of contract to an Ultimate Volt Bundle including O2 SIM, 1G Broadband, Phone and 2 TV boxes with loads of channels including Sky and Netflix etc.

I was emailed a confirmation email and the pre-contract documents.

When I did not receive any further emails, no O2 SIM nor the additional equipment I called customer services.

They have no record of the new contract and wouldn't listen to me.

I logged a complaint and they still just say they have no contract on their system.  I've sent them the PDF contract documents but are unable to resolve the issue.

When I go into the VM website: My Package there is a Volt Benefits section and it shows "Not Active".  I click on Upgrade and you can see my package, all the broadband/phone/tv details I selected and the price I signed up to.

There is no option to Upgrade.

Something has gone horribly wrong, like I wasn't sent an O2 SIM and so my VM/O2 accounts are not linked so I can't get the Volt benefits.

However, I can't get this over to VM customer services.  I don’t see how they can’t resolve this, have no audit of the upgrade I selected and the emails they sent me.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks,

Chris.

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that you've been having an issue getting an offer applied to your account. Checking things this end I can see you are already in contact with our complaints teams and they have asked you to forward over the pre-contract documents you have. Please do this if you've not already so they can help further. 

We're not able to process packages changes via the Community so sticking with the team you're already in contact with will be the best and quickest way to get things resolved. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

supered
On our wavelength

Hi Chris

This exact scenario happened to us and lots of others as well. Quite clearly Virgin Media's systems have gone wrong somewhere with these upgrades and they need to look at why this has happened so often recently. It is totally unacceptable!

In our case it was resolved by the Complainants team. Stick to your guns and don't take no for an answer. Hopefully you'll get an acceptable resolution and won't have to refer it to the Ombusman, but don't hesitate to it if necessary. The law is on your side.

Good luck!

Eddie

Thanks Kath,

Customer service sent me a link for live-chat to upload my PDF contract documents (I had already provided screenshots).

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/live-chat

The page doesn't include any buttons to start a live-chat!!!

Do you know how to do this?  Will attempt to call them again...

Many thanks,

Chris.

@Mistophercrobbs wrote:

Thanks Kath,

Customer service sent me a link for live-chat to upload my PDF contract documents (I had already provided screenshots).

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/live-chat

The page doesn't include any buttons to start a live-chat!!!

..Snip

And when this inevitably end up with the industry adjudicator and you are requesting additional monetary compensation, do be sure to include this systemic failure as a mitigating circumstance, won't you?

Hi Chris! (Mistophercrobbs) 👋 Sorry to hear about your difficulties getting these documents sent over!
I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and get these documents uploaded to the complaint for you. 

I will also offer further support wherever I can. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! I do appreciate this has all round been a poor experience for you - so sorry about this!

We can return to this public thread with an update when possible. You will find my PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox 📩

All the best 🌞

Molly

gsim1
Tuning in

I feel your pain on this, similar thing has happened to me three times in the last few months. New contract was agreed on the phone, then nothing happens I waited in three times for new equipment to arrive and nothing showed up which has cost me incoming as I am self employed. The last time which was just over a week ago, same thing new contract agreed over phone and date for equipment set. Don't know why I was suprised when nothing turned up apart from a bill for double the amount I agreed to. The main difference with your case is that they could see the new amount on their system but said it was not applied properly but refused to do anything about it and are still trying to charge me the higher amount. A Moderator on this forum is kindly looking into it for us but the damage has been done and I want no further dealings with this company, their customer support over the phone is disgusting (community forum support is way better).

don`t know if its helpful/relevant but had problems talking issues on live chat, so they set up a whatsapp link, easier to talk and send pdfs