cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Customer Service

Stanl
Dialled in

About a week ago I contacted Virgin to report a spoof telephone call I had received and dealt with.

While I was on the line the customer service representative asked me if I knew that VM and O2 had merged and I could switch my mobile phone over to O2 at NO ADDITIONAL COST. (Note the emphasis)

I thought OK why not.

After dealing with this guy I got a text to say that because my contract with Virgin Mobile had been cancelled then I owed them the balance of my contract because of early termination.

I was shocked because the way this had been ‘sold’ to me was that I was still a Virgin Mobile customer and the only thing to change was the provider.

After several phone calls and hours on the phone this is completely untrue and had been completely miss sold.

This has now been rectified by both Virgin and O2

I had an email yesterday saying that because I had upgraded to Volt my existing router couldn’t cope with my new speed and I will be receiving a new router on Saturday.

I did not sign up to Volt, at least I thought I hadn’t, so I have no idea what is going on or if this is going to cost me anything which I will be refusing to pay anyway.

Needless to say my day off tomorrow will be spent talking to someone in the Far East trying to get this sorted out.

For goodness sake Virgin get your act together to stop this happening.

I do hope a Customer Service rep will read this and get back to me.

4 REPLIES 4

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Stanl,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am so sorry for the poor experience. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide!

Glad to hear the issue has been rectified however.

In regards to the new hub, I can see you have spoken to our team since posting who have been able to clarify this for you and confirmed no charges have been applied.

If there is anything else I can help with, please do let me know.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Be aware that there in no communication between the various departments. I cancelled the Volt deal but they kept trying to send me a new Hub. I cancelled this over 5 times over the next 3 months. The e-mail about the Hub is an "automatic email" sent by a different department. You might be lucky, but contacting Customer Services did no resolve the permanent cancelling of the Hub for me. I had to contact the "Thinking of leaving" department to resolve this issue.

Things were sorted and then the delivery experience was unbelievable.

Why VM use Yodel is beyond me, they are shocking beyond words.

A complaint has been made to the CEO because they are just a bunch of liars.

Anyway the issues I have were resolved but the inconvenience resulting in my first post still linger and should be looked into before it happens to another customer.

Hi Stanl, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming things are resolved for you. 

Please rest assured, all instances such as this are fed back to the teams internally so we can learn where we need to improve. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs