cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System audit

AndrewN1
On our wavelength

I’d like to check that our system set up is optimal.

We pay £72 per month for Volt 1GB and £25 to O2 for the unlimited data SIM card.

We have three V6 boxes.

Should we move to 360 software? Should we get wireless pods as garden WiFi is iffy?Anything else or any thoughts or comments?

Cheers. 👍

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AndrewN1,

Welcome to the community,

I have taken a look on our systems and can see no issues with any of your broadband specification, everything should be working very well.  

If you are having issues with blackspots in the home, you can check out our connect app here. This app lets you scan different areas of your home to see if there are any area with a weak/unstable WiFi signal that might benefit from boosters/extenders. 

Regarding the set top box software, if you prefer the look and interface of the 360, you can contact us on either 0345 454 1111 / 150 or via SMS 0753 305 1809 to upgrade a V6 to the 360 software. Additional cost pay apply.  You can find more information about that here

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

That info is not correct.

User has Volt 1Gb so must have a hub4 for that to function. The connect app only works with hub3 !

Thanks Tractorboy. That was my instant reaction too! 

AndrewN1
On our wavelength

Thanks Carley. What are the advantages and disadvantages of moving to 360 from V6?

AndrewN1
On our wavelength

Hi Carley. I have a Hub4, can I still get Wifi Pods?

Pods work with the Hub 4 and you should get them free with Volt. I wasn't impressed with them and went down the Mesh route. I've got three boxes and had to have an engineer out to upgrade to 360, love the 360 software though everything works as it should. Be advised though, if you upgrade you lose all your recordings. I wouldn't pay for the upgrade though, if you speak to retentions you should get it for free.

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode

Great info. Many thanks. 👍