cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to O2 from Virgin Mobile EU data

banhamm
Up to speed

I was contacted today by VM to upgrade to an ultimate volt package from the ultimate oomph package which is due to run out in February next year. The new package offers better home BB speeds along with a O2 SIM card with unlimited data. 
The issue I have with it is that the unlimited  data plan on the old oomph package was with Virgin Mobile which allowed unlimited daily data in the EU. However the O2 data sim with the new volt package has a limit of 25gb in the EU. 
It’s a bit cheeky that the agent does not mention this difference and neither does the contract summary. But a glance at O2 terms and conditions on their website shows the daily data limits. For a two week holiday this seems a bit low and certainly not as good as the VM data SIM. 
I would advise being cautious about upgrading if you receive the same phone call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Blimey thank you for this the oomph allowance is even worse than the Volt. 
Perhaps I’ll switch to the volt after all if I can get it closer to the £80 a month offer to new customers!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin mobile had a fair usage policy, you didn't have unlimited data in the EU

https://store.virginmedia.com/FUP-Calculator.html

Blimey thank you for this the oomph allowance is even worse than the Volt. 
Perhaps I’ll switch to the volt after all if I can get it closer to the £80 a month offer to new customers!