cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 4 stock shortage - Unable to to upgrade M600 to Gig1 - Mis-sold contract?

101Haslam
Tuning in

Created an account to just post this.

I've noticed there are a few others on here facing the same problem I am

I also upgraded from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt, with the only difference between the packages being the unlimited sim is now O2 instead of VM and broadband speeds should be boosted from 600Mb to Gig1. When I upgraded I was told that the Gig1 is available in my area but the Super Hub 4 was out of stock and I won't be able to get the Gig1 straight away, however, I was told that once they are back in stock I will automatically be sent the Hub 4 and be upgraded to the Gig1 at no extra cost. The next day I get my contract emailed to me and it tells me that I'm still on the M600 with no mention of Gig1 anywhere. Under broadband on MyVirginMedia app, it tells me that one of my Volt benefits is "Your broadband speed has been boosted to the next available level (if you aren't already on the fastest speeds you can get in your area)" but this is not true as I've been on the same speed for almost 18 months.

Since then I have rung Virgin Customer Services multiple times, and spoken to multiple departments (mainly retentions who did the upgrade) to get them to clarify the exact details of my contract. Almost every advisor I have spoken to has been contradictory. Some are saying that it isn't on my package however they can process the upgrade right now and get the Hub 4 posted out to me but there'll be an additional charge, some are saying that I am eligible for the free automatic upgrade once the Hub 4 is back in stock and that I just have to be patient, and others telling me that they can process the free upgrade but their system won't allow them to build the package and process it. I was expecting a callback yesterday (that never came) from one of the advisors, Susanna who was chasing their Team Leader for updates about my problem.

After not receiving the call, I contacted VM once again. This time the advisor informed me that because it's been 15 days since I upgraded I can no longer back out and cancel my contract, however, he advised me that I should complain and get my upgrade call listened to by management and anything that was promised over the phone I'm entitled to receive. He also advised me not to process the complaint today as it would "rock the boat", instead I should wait for Susanna to call me back with an update.

Needless to say, I'm not happy about the whole ordeal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

101Haslam
Tuning in

I have managed to get this sorted, I hope.

I spoke to a generic WebChat agent who wasn't particularly useful until they transferred me to the WebChat Retentions team (I had to wait 3 hours until I was connected to someone). I spoke to an agent named Charlie, and they were able to push through the free upgrade from M600 to Gig1, as I agreed to as part of my contract upgrade all those weeks ago. I'm hopeful that this upgrade is genuine as I can now see an order on my Virgin Media account page for the Hub 4, expecting delivery Saturday 11th

The best thing about WebChat is that they leave a transcript behind, now I have it in writing that I'm entitled to a free upgrade to the Gig1 and that it is being processed.

Finally an end to this ordeal!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Kiska
On our wavelength

I’ve got exactly the same issues I spoke to an advisor yesterday and was told under no uncertain terms that I had been lied to and that the 1gig is for new customers only.  So I have to pay more than a new customer and get less !!   Also if I’m not happy with it I have to cancel my contract by the 8th of May or I’m bound to it !!   

If that's the case, then Virgin can shove their new deal where the sun doesn't shine!  Who the hell do they think they are, that they can treat their existing customers this way? This is illegal surely?

JD

Kiska
On our wavelength

It’s an absolute joke!  I spent 10 hrs on the phone in 2 days as the 360 upgrade crashed my account, arguing over the hub4and the miss sold contract. Was eventually told I would be sent the hub4. Thought the issue was resolved until I received a power supply with no mains lead !   What I’m supposed to do with I don’t know 🤷‍♀️.   Called them back to be basically told no chance of the 1gig and lump it 🤬

I've opened a ticket with Trading Standards, I'm not prepared to be treated like crap by Virgin. We'll see what happens.

JD

Kiska
On our wavelength

I’m sure there’s an ombudsman that monitors them too 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @101Haslam,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've not received your Hub 4 when taking out a new package with us recently. 

I do apologise that the Hub 4 shortage has impacted you in this way. We can assure you that as soon as we have the Hub 4's in stock, they will be sent out to customers who have taken out this package and will be upgraded to the 1Gig network as promised. 

I'm looking into this for you now to see if there's been any update regarding this situation.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kiska
On our wavelength

I sincerely hope that you are also looking into mine

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kiska, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the experience you've had here. Upon reading your post you mention the team have advised that this wouldn't be possible to do so, was there a reason given for this? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Kiska
On our wavelength

They said the 1gig was only available to new customers and they were unable to put it into a package