cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still cannot activate netflix

ChrisWhit
Joining in

After multiple phone calls, complaints everything I can think of I am still no further in getting netflix activated. Fortunately now the ombudsman is available for complaints. Guess that is now my next move. Customer service is abysmal.

Has anyone actually managed to get netflix set up, I have tried the link in the email, the link on my virgin media account but I just get errors every time.

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ChrisWhit,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having activating Netflix on your account, please could you try to use the 'activate' button on your online account in incognito mode in your browser and let me know if that helps to activate Netflix.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I tried that already and using different devices and browsers. None of it works. My latest call I was told they would raise a form to get a new activation email sent. Still waiting....

Alicesmith
Joining in

If you are unable to sign into Netflix on one particular device, it typically points to an earlier, partially completed sign up attempt, or to some information from an inactive account that is saved on your device. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue. Android phone or tablet.

dexis
Tuning in
"I have tried the link in the email, the link on my virgin media account but I just get errors every time."

Well done on getting the email/button to try and activate ....... over 7 months and I can't even get that!

I'm so sorry to hear that @ChrisWhit

Have the team raised an IT ticket for you at all? Have they also raised a complaint already? 

Thank you

Hi Ash, I have apparently had multiple IT tickets raised. I have raised multiple complaints, I think the last one was closed by saying my Netflix is activated. Clearly don't even read them. My last phone call a week ago I was told they would raise a form and get me a new activation email. That has never appeared. I am constantly told that someone will get in touch with me but that never happens. I just assume that Virgin are unable to make outgoing calls or send outgoing emails. I'm quite sure they would be in touch if I stopped paying them though.

Alice, you haven't actually provided any info. I assume you mean to tell me that if I clear my cookies and cache it will all magically work. Sadly that is far from the truth for me and the countless others that are paying for a service that we are not being provided with. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again ChrisWhit, thanks for your reply and for letting us know more.
We're sorry to see you've raised a ticket with our IT and a complaint but haven't heard back from the team so far regarding a fix on your Netflix issue.

We'd love to assist by checking for updates on both the ticket and your case raised, I will message you privately here soon so we can look this up.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs