cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase

ROBCALLY
On our wavelength

I am in contract on a volt full package including mobile & home phone I have not received my price increase yet but i am cancelling as soon as i get it just wondering what company are you all moving to please.

2 REPLIES 2

unisoft
Well-informed

@ROBCALLY wrote:

I am in contract on a volt full package including mobile & home phone I have not received my price increase yet but i am cancelling as soon as i get it just wondering what company are you all moving to please.

depends on what is available in your area and what technology there is (ADSL/FTTC/FTTP/5G).

Most people go elsewhere for new customer offer, an unknown number may return to VM after that contract as a new customer offer again. Some don't.

NOW (Sky): FTTC BB up to 80mbps down and 20 up (depending on distance and line noise) 1 month or 12 month contract @ £22

FTTP: TalkTalk and EE do good offers for new customers. AAISP if you want great customer service when things go wrong but they are more expensive.

ALTNETS - These are the best price and often symmetric (i.e. same down as well as up) - area dependent though. Many commit to no in contract price rises. London is particularly fortunate with Community Fibre as very reasonable and wide coverage. A number have good customer service and tech support like You Fibre (aka Netomnia). They don't do frills like web space, cloud storage, email, tv services - they just concentrate on broadband with some doing digital voice lines (landline) at reasonable price as an option.

In terms of mobile that is much harder because it boils down to a number of factors: Price, Data allowance, Whether area has high utilisation meaning slow data speed, whether Wifi calling is available. generally MVNO operators don't have access to the 800mhz band which is good for indoors but again this is area dependent if that frequency is used by the parent operator.

So just tagging on to this discussion - I will be in the same boat but Virgin have a monopoly (atthe moment) on 'true' fibre and I do need fast speeds due to my job.

But regarding the mobile side of things where do you stand if you have a phone with the contract as well. I sthe get out clause only applicable to the SIM?