cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRICE INCREASES! Are you for real?? 25% HIKE

TF1909
Dialled in

I have joined within the last 4 months on the special deal ultimate volt deal of £79.00 all in. No phone contract. 18 month deal and ends on 18 May 2024. I have just been advised my price will increase within the 18 month contract by £21 meaning £100 a month! They have offered another discount of £10.50 but I am going to leave and back to Sky.

It looks like a 25% hike to me.

4 REPLIES 4

unisoft
Well-informed

@TF1909 wrote:

I have joined within the last 4 months on the special deal ultimate volt deal of £79.00 all in. No phone contract. 18 month deal and ends on 18 May 2024. I have just been advised my price will increase within the 18 month contract by £21 meaning £100 a month! They have offered another discount of £10.50 but I am going to leave and back to Sky.

It looks like a 25% hike to me.

RPI + 3.9% based on FULL retail price of your package not the discounted offer price. If you stay, in April 2024 you'll get another price rise of RPI + 3.9% but this time, no exit clause of the contract term (increase notification email probably sent in March 2024) due to the T&C's change also in the 2023 price increase notification.

OK I talked to Virgin on whatsapp. They have discounted me the new price increase for the remainder of my contract so I will stay at  £79.00 per month for the whole package, can't say fairer than that.

All in you say does that include the O2 sim?

I have no sim