cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sim with Virgin Media package deal

Leanne1991
Tuning in

Hello 

I'm hoping someone can help me, basically my contract was due for renewal and I phoned virgin to see what they can offer me and if not to put my notice in to leave.

Anyway there was a massive mess up and some virgin media agent instead of starting me a new contract basically changed my current package and upped my monthly bill. I've contacted virgin and was passed through to retentions. I spoke to someone called BEA and she sorted me a new package but it included the 02 sim. Now she told me I can phone virgin media and have the 02 sim cancelled and this will reduce my monthly bill from virgin? Does this sound correct? If so is there a number to contact to do this? 

I did say I really don't want the sim as I had a sim with my last package deal and never used it but I heard the 02 sims charge monthly, I don't want this to happen so she said I can cancel it?

Any help will be appreciated 😁

8 REPLIES 8

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How long have you had the O2 SIM. If less than 14 days you can cancel direct with O2. Explain to them you were missold by Virgin Media.

If over there is a problem as you have two separate contracts with 2 different companies.

I'll ask the team here to look into that

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hiya

I only received the sim yesterday, but the Virgin Media agent told me to wait 7 days before contacting to cancel it? She said to phone virgin though and not 02?

Do I wait 7 days or shall I just get it cancelled now?

Thank you 😊 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Personally I would cancel it. Sounds like delaying tactics to me.

You will then have to go back to Virgin and renegotiate your broadband package. Again, the 14 day distance selling rule applies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Okay I'm gonna contact them to cancel it now.

The virgin media agent told me that the package I have it's £80 but if I cancel my sim it will drop to £74 a month. I have double asked though saying if I cancel the sim will it change my package and she said no, it will just make it cheaper?

But looking at the contract I've received yesterday it's does state only £74 and has the sim symbol crossed out?

Hi @Leanne1991,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry for the confusion caused regarding your package and package price. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. 

I have been able to access your service on our system and I can see you very recently contacted our team regarding this issue. Was this issue resolved with our team? Do you need any further help or clarification from our team?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Akua_A

Yes I did contact the team and had to go through several people to finally to get the right person!

I've finally got a contract sorted which hopefully it's right and starts next month and the next bill sorted as Virgin Media tried to charge me £120.99 for a mistake that a Virgin Media agent made by changing my package rather than offering a new contract.

The one thing that still outstanding is the sim, I was told I can cancel the sim as I won't use it and I asked the agent will it affect my package and the agent said no but whether it will or won't I don't know. Do I contact Virgin Media to cancel the sim or O2 as its a O2 sim?? If its Virgin Media what number do I contact or do I have to trawl through the call centre?

Thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

O2 SIM will need to go through O2. Virgin have no access to their systems

Okay ill give O2 a ring then, just puzzled as to why the Virgin Media agent said I can contact them to cancel it? 

Just hope I don't get passed from pillar to post with it all