cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 increase?

heatherann
Tuning in

Hello. I took a fixed rate volt package out with virgin for 18 months. Had to change my virgin mobile to 02 which was a hassle in itself. I was told the O2 price would be fixed at £25 a month and now this has gone up to £27.92 a month. I was not told of increases when taking out this package. When my virgin phone was in with the virgin package not 02 there were no increases. Not good enough.

29 REPLIES 29

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @archercj

Thank you for the reply

The O2 team will be able to resolve this as the only price for the O2 sim on a VOLT package is set at £25.00, they wouldn't need anything further.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes it's absolutely ridiculous. Mine is the same. £85 for services and £25 for mobile. Didn't ask to go to O2 so why do we have to pay more when we were told it's fixed at £25. I contacted 02 and they said it goes up every year. Not good enough. Should be virgin sorting this out as they caused the problem. Let me know if you have any success please 

I contacted O2 and they said it goes up every year. Got me no where so it's virgin that need to sort it. Didn't ask to go to O2. Wouldn't of bothered if I had known it was going to increase. Fixed rate should mean fixed rate 

I have been an o2 customer for years always goes up each April by RPI+. The odd thing and nothings changed new customer it usually unchanged So I think if you signed up now it would be £25 and would go up next April 2023. Which is odd.

Hi, phoned to complain myself today on this as agreed a fixed price package of £105 (including the 02 sim in Jan).  My case has been passed to the complaints department in 02.  Will keep you posted when I hear back within 5 working days!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PhilipF wrote:

I have been an o2 customer for years always goes up each April by RPI+. The odd thing and nothings changed new customer it usually unchanged So I think if you signed up now it would be £25 and would go up next April 2023. Which is odd.

25th March was the cut off date. Contracts after that will not rise this year. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi I wasn’t told about the 02 part and I have actually never had a SIM card sent plus virgin are about to cancel my mobile phone contract. I don’t understand what is going on and all the foreign call centres haven’t got a clue…can anyone help

Hi @Gailkelly14 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

It's strange you mention you wasn't told about the O2 part, as the O2 SIM is a crucial part of the Volt bundle (it isn't Volt without the O2 SIM). Have you called O2 about this, as unfortunately once the contract is sold we can't track anything regarding the SIM as it's all then from O2's side.

Please contact O2 directly and they should be able to track your details from the sale and advise you of the SIM Card whereabouts, and re-issue if necessary - please let me know if you need any further help.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Sorry what do you mean call o2…my contract is with virgin, I don’t know anything about o2? I take it you record calls as this was all done by the retention team and they kept me holding for over an hour…sorry but this is not good enough at all

Hi @Gailkelly14 thanks for your reply.

If your contract is stated as a Volt bundle, then it means that your SIM Card will be provided from O2 (that is the Volt side of things). 

Once the contract has been sold, the SIM Card side of things are dealt solely with O2 even though we may have sold the contract to you.

However, I can see you are discussing this matter now with colleagues via PM from another thread, so please allow them to respond to you directly and we'll take things from there.

Many thanks

Tom_W