cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 increase?

heatherann
Tuning in

Hello. I took a fixed rate volt package out with virgin for 18 months. Had to change my virgin mobile to 02 which was a hassle in itself. I was told the O2 price would be fixed at £25 a month and now this has gone up to £27.92 a month. I was not told of increases when taking out this package. When my virgin phone was in with the virgin package not 02 there were no increases. Not good enough.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oh and what I didnt say was this is my first O2 bill since switching to Volt.

Thing is I have never had any paperwork sent to me regarding the switch to Volt from oomph so it will be interesting to see waht my first Virgin bill will be. Iwas quoted £85pm for Virgin and £25pm for O2 and in no time even before my first bill the mobile as gone up

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's in 02's terms and conditions, and similar rises are across all networks. (My Vodafone goes up this month)

If you were on the Oomph package then the SIM was given free with that.

£0 plus inflation rise equals £0

The 18 month fixed rate will apply to your Virgin broadband.

Always best to check the T&C for yourself before signing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I agree. A bit cheeky. I was stated £25pm for O2 as part of the switch from Virgin/Vodafone that is part of the Ooomph package to the Volt and my first O2 bull is £28.23. That's a hefty 13% rise. Wish my wage went up that much.

Oh and what I didnt say was this is my first O2 bill since switching to Volt.

Thing is I have never had any paperwork sent to me regarding the switch to Volt from oomph so it will be interesting to see waht my first Virgin bill will be. Iwas quoted £85pm for Virgin and £25pm for O2 and in no time even before my first bill the mobile as gone up

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@archercj wrote:

I agree. A bit cheeky. I was stated £25pm for O2 as part of the switch from Virgin/Vodafone that is part of the Ooomph package to the Volt and my first O2 bull is £28.23. That's a hefty 13% rise. Wish my wage went up that much.

Some of that may be part charges for the period between connection and refresh date.

If you use the My O2 app you should see your bill and the figure for the monthly ongoing charges.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I wondered that @enlli. But my bill says Tariff charge £23.53 + VAT.

There are no listed extras or adjustments.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @archercj

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, if the bill doesn't state a reason for the slight increase I'd suggest contacting O2 and they'll be able to have a detailed look into this with yourself. 

My apologies for the inconvenience

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

'I'd suggest contacting O2'

That's passing the buck in my eyes. I took out the revised volt contract with yourselves and NOT O2

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @archercj

Thanks for the reply!

The O2 sim is included in the package but we have no access to their systems or billing to look into the cause of this issue, if you contact them they'd be happy to look into this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Can do but I will need 'evidence' that when I made the switch from oomph to Volt the person in the VIRGIN service department quoted me £25pm for the O2 contract (and £85 for the Virgin bundle). Can that be provided please.