cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 bill but don’t have volt yet

G944S2
On our wavelength

Yesterday while speaking to Virgin via WhatsApp I agreed to change my package to Ultimate Volt and was told it would take effect in 1 months time.

I’m currently on ultimate oomph so have a virgin SIM but understand I need to switch to O2 next month and pay them direct.

Today I received a bill from O2 for £25, I don’t even have the SIM yet and still have the Virgin SIM active until a months time but they want £25!

Has anyone else had the same issue and know what I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi G944S2

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry for the confusion here. I'll send you a PM as will need to clear security to give the full detailed explanation.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Obviously another Virgin clanger (for want of not printing a swear word) 

O2 must be sending you a SIM in the post but you would need to talk with them directly as nobody here has access to their systems

Sounds like whoever sold it to you has activated Volt now, not in a month's time. The thing to watch out for is they don't disconnect your Oomph SIM if you are no longer on that package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

kimbop8672
Tuning in

Yes, I had the same issue and it wasn't what I'd agreed to. The usual Virgin help didn't help me, o2 didn't help me... But someone from Virgin sorted me out on this forum in the end. I got a bill credit for the amount of the o2 bill.

G944S2
On our wavelength

Thanks for the replies, I was speaking to someone on the WhatsApp service but it was a struggle to understand them and as soon as they realised I didn’t want to buy more services they lost interest and transferred me to someone who has just ignored me since then so I’ll try over on the account section of the forum here.

Hi G944S2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your £25 Sim card charge has started before your Volt package has kicked in, when you upgrade to Volt the Sim is ordered on the call Via the O2 website, the Volt package does normally start the next day unless we are removing part of a service which is then a 28 Days notice.

We can arrange for your PAC code so you can give this to 02 before your Oomph Sim is cancelled.

Regards

Paul.

G944S2
On our wavelength

This is now getting more confusing, today I have received an email from Virgin thanking me for making changes to my account today, I did not make any.

The email says I have signed up to the Ultimate Oomph Volt bundle @ £149pm but the WhatsApp offer I agreed to was the Ultimate Volt bundle for £95pm.

Can anyone at Virgin tell me what’s going on?

Hi G944S2

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry for the confusion here. I'll send you a PM as will need to clear security to give the full detailed explanation.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have had the same thing

Ordered the ultimate volt package a few weeks ago but am not getting it installed until later on this week as that is when my Sky contract ends.  Received the O2 sim a couple of days after the order was placed and have been billed already so not best pleased.

The problem with this is that your agents don't tell people this is what's happening. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi all, 

I'm really sorry you aren't being made aware of the full process when changing your package to our VOLT bundles - I'll make sure this is fed back to the teams. As previously mentioned, the entire order for both Virgin Media and O2 services are processed at the moment you accept it. Our teams have no control over when your O2 SIM becomes active, we can only set your Virgin Media change date.

If you have any disputes or concerns regarding the O2 side of your service, you would need to contact O2 Customer Services directly.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ