cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Ultimate Volt

lincsguy
On our wavelength

Hi could someone from the Forum team check for me, I have O2 as part of my Ultimate Volt last year it increased from £25 to £27.50 and now it will be almost £33 this year with the rpi. I have read here that I can downgrade to a lower tariff, yesterday I agreed a new 18 month Ultimate Volt package they checked and I was told I could not downgrade.

thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@lincsguy wrote:

Hi Akua_A

Thank you for your reply I have received my new contract for the next 18 months "Ultimate Volt" which I negotiated and I am happy with the Virgin Media side of the package.

As o2 is part of this package and I have had unlimited sim £25 for 16 months previous, I will be paying after RPI increase  £32.15 for the sim does the "Ulitimate Volt" package allow me to downgrade to a cheaper tariff with o2?

Thank you for your help

lincsguy

You can by uswitch.com - as part of the checkout (which is O2 based) you can login to your O2 account when asked, and select the option for not requiring a new SIM sent by post. In the checkout it normally states VOLT details. Many people on here done that to change tariff. Your O2 contract will restart for 12 months from the date you do the change, and VOLT won't apply on your O2 SIM until 7-14 days have passed, then the system kicks i again and VOLTS your data up and travel roaming. Remember if you change before April, you'll still get the 2023 price increase apply - do after and you'll likely get the normal tariff rate unless O2 decide from that date they've all increased too (historically they haven't past few years).

Hope that helps. Technically, lowering the tariff is not what was originally agreed, but many people commented on the forums it was not blocked. I suppose the benefit is that your contract minimum term is restarted for O2.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lincsguy 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your package.

We want to do our best to understand and help. Just to clarify, did you receive confirmation of your recent package change? Are you unhappy with the package you agreed to and want a further downgrade? 

Please get back in contact with us so we can best help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

lincsguy
On our wavelength

Hi Akua_A

Thank you for your reply I have received my new contract for the next 18 months "Ultimate Volt" which I negotiated and I am happy with the Virgin Media side of the package.

As o2 is part of this package and I have had unlimited sim £25 for 16 months previous, I will be paying after RPI increase  £32.15 for the sim does the "Ulitimate Volt" package allow me to downgrade to a cheaper tariff with o2?

Thank you for your help

lincsguy

@lincsguy wrote:

Hi Akua_A

Thank you for your help

lincsguy

You can by uswitch.com - as part of the checkout (which is O2 based) you can login to your O2 account when asked, and select the option for not requiring a new SIM sent by post. In the checkout it normally states VOLT details. Many people on here done that to change tariff. Your O2 contract will restart for 12 months from the date you do the change, and VOLT won't apply on your O2 SIM until 7-14 days have passed, then the system kicks i again and VOLTS your data up and travel roaming. Remember if you change before April, you'll still get the 2023 price increase apply - do after and you'll likely get the normal tariff rate unless O2 decide from that date they've all increased too (historically they haven't past few years).

Hope that helps. Technically, lowering the tariff is not what was originally agreed, but many people commented on the forums it was not blocked. I suppose the benefit is that your contract minimum term is restarted for O2.

I’ve just tried this, but O2 wanted to effectively charge me the difference up front for the remainder of my contract. 

@morton027 wrote:

I’ve just tried this, but O2 wanted to effectively charge me the difference up front for the remainder of my contract. 

If you don't do it by uswitch.com/money saving expert and use the UPGRADE function and you go to ask O2 directly, you are likely to hit the random BS replies from reps.

I've changed my tariff without problem or any additional fees same as many others.

lincsguy
On our wavelength

I have been waiting until after the 1st of April to avoid any increase so I will go through Uswitch using the “upgrade”

thanks for that info

lincsguy
On our wavelength

Just changed today through Martin Lewis, it was not a problem.

Took me to My O2 and simple to sort out as described in previous posts!