cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Sim Not Received

Jmintooo
Tuning in

Hello,

I recently ordered a Volt package with broadband, phone, tv and O2 sim card. I've received everything from Virgin and the broadband is set up and working well but have had no correspondence from O2, no emails, nothing in the post.

Is there usually a delay on this? When can I expect the sim card?

Many thanks,

Jon

7 REPLIES 7

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi John, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sadly although we are paired together for VOLT benefits we do not have access to O2 systems and so you will need to get in touch with them directly to raise the issue of the missing SIM. Here is the O2 Contact page. 

I do hope they are able to investigate and get this resolved for you ASAP!

Please let us know how you get on. All the best!

Molly

Hi Molly,

Thanks for your reply. Ok I'll try my luck with them. 

I'll probably come back to you soon when O2 say they can't access my virgin account to prove I have bought the O2 SIM.

Kind regards,

Jon

dexis
Tuning in

I have the same problem and on the back of this I have been using the o2 chat.

So far I have been told 3 times that the volt benefit of double data on my existing deal has been added.

Am I missing something as the bundle was sold to me on the basis that I was entitled to Ultimate Volt BECAUSE I had an o2 sim and that the bundle included a further totally unlimited o2 sim (not an upgrade of double data to my existing sim)

Update:

I spoke to o2 on the phone and they couldn't locate my order, they needed an order number starting MS-... so I called Virgin on their sales number and followed the option tree to get through to someone (waited about 20 minutes at 18:00) and the person I spoke to was actually great and managed to locate my order. I'm not sure what went wrong but the sim card hadn't been issued but after the call the email came through immediately and now apparently the sim card is on it's way in the post.

Dexis, 

I would get all your information like: order reference number, any temporary phone numbers they provided for you or your last bill amount and then speak to them on the phone. They were both really helpful! I called 0344 809 0202 for o2 and 0345 454 1111 for virgin. it took over 30 minutes for each call but was worth the time. 

Hi @dexis,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bit of trouble and confusion with the O2 side of your Volt order. As part of Volt you would get a data bonus on your existing SIM card, but you could also request an additional SIM card if you wished. If you have any additional queries on the O2 side of the order or services then it'd be best to reach out to them directly.

The O2 team can be contacted on 0344 809 0202 (or 202 from an O2 handset). Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I've been in touch with o2 who say they can't do anything without an order number (which I don't have), and as the contract is with Virgin they can't help. 

Thanks for coming back to us @dexis

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you and to see if I can find out how to help with this. I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L