cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 DD now £27.92 not £25 as agreed!

Terini
On our wavelength

When I signed up for this "Volt" deal I was told my prices wouldnt change and it would be £90.00 for Virgin and £25 for O2 which I find anoying to start off with, but today my direct debit from O2 was £27.92! this isnt what was agreed and I have not been notified of any change / increase in price.

I had this "FORCED" on me to get the Gig1 system as the representative wouldnt provide it any other way and this was the "best deal" available to keep my bill under £100

I now have services that I dont want or use from Virgin / O2 - including Sky Sports package (not the least bit interested in sports!) and an damn O2 sim that I'm paying TWICE as much as I do for my current THREE sim that I dont even want.

How do I get this corrected since it seems the only help anyone can get is to post on the "Community" forums as trying to get through to anyone on the phone after work hours is impossible.

Sally & Pete.

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

O2 increase their prices each year by inflation + 3.9%  The agent who sold you your package should have mentioned that. They have no authority to alter O2's Terms and Conditions. But it seems Virgin are on a hard sell. Does everyone actually need unlimited data on their phone? For many a cheaper package would suffice, especially as you get double data with them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Terini
On our wavelength

So under UK law I believe this is classed as misleaded selling and therefor would invalidate my contract with both o2 and virgin media, I'm sure there is someone who knows legalese that can confirm this.

Sally & Pete.

@enlli - agree about data usage. I use my personal phone quite a lot and have just checked and I only average about 6GB pm. Most my usage is email, Facebook, news feeds and sport scores.

But my Virgin supplied O2 SIM is different. It is used to tether and stream Netflix, Now, Amazon etc on a TV. The killer for data usage is that I like to stream HD. Only use the SIM at a weekend and I reckon I use 250gb + pm. Well within the 600/650GB fair usage limit but well above the normal peak of 200GB pm contract deal before you move to unlimited. And the cost difference isnt vast.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Terini, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you feel this way and for the experience you've had. Unfortunately we don't handle package/changes queries etc on the forums. You would be able to speak with the team over the phone about this on: 0345 454 1111 we also have a WhatsApp messenger service which you can contact also by dropping a message to: +44730 532 7112. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

@Ryan_N 

Sorry to jump in on this conversation but does the Forum Team only pick and choose which disgruntled customer to talk to only if its an easy problem to solve. I need help with another problem and talking to people on the phone is near impossible so please help

@Ryan_N

Sorry to jump in on this conversation but does the Forum Team only pick and choose which disgruntled customer to talk to only if its an easy problem to solve. I need help with another problem and talking to people on the phone is near impossible so please help

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bemybezzyman, 

I can see we have replied to you on your thread.

We do wait to see if the forum can help with some issues, if urgent our VIPs will escalate, we do try to reply to customers as soon as we can but this is not an instant response service.

Zoie