cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New package - can I cancel SIM part?

Golfer1957
Tuning in

I have just been given a new package that has 02 sim card and was told if i don't want it to cancel it, can i do this without any problems?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

36 REPLIES 36

Hey there @tencherman, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the struggle you've had with O2 since signing up with VMO2.
I am happy to hear that the Virgin Media side has worked out well and you are happy with the setup done by the engineer.
May I ask if everything regarding O2 has been resolved for you? Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ilyas,

I appreciate the follow up and yes, I'm very happy with my new Virgin service altho' the landline has subsequently developed a slight background crackle which is strange as it was crystal clear for after the initial repair. I'm in no rush to sort this however and will wait to see if it resolves itself before bothering an engineer.

As you'll have gathered from my post I did believe my battle with O2 was concluded (having now been reimbursed the monies taken via DD) but this morning I receive both email and text threats for a fictitious £20.14 "now overdue"!

I will assume this is an accounting muddle and ignore for the time being but should it continue I'll make a formal complaint and go direct to OFCOM as I have already wasted too much time trying to resolve what should have been a simple cancellation.

Thanks again for your interest and I'll be in touch again if O2 continue to harrass me.

Best Regards,

wjk45
On our wavelength

I too are now having problems with O2. Cancelled my SIM within the 14 day cooling off period by chat and using the PAC code I was provided. I had an email saying I had an unpaid bill for £7.42 which you can only view via MYO2 but when I logged into the account it stated I had no goods or services and no bill.

I decided to contact by phone and paid the £7.42 final bill, this morning I have received an email saying they will take £425.02 from my bank account in 14 days and to log in to view my bill. Logged in and guess what, no bill! Needless to say I cancelled my direct debit and I will not be paying the invisible bill.

O2 are a shambles and need reporting to OFCOM!

tencherman
On our wavelength

This is clearly common practice within O2 and if I were a 'vulnerable older person' I can see such demands being paid for fear of ending up in jug. Like you I cancelled my DD to avoid anymore unauthorised payments being taken and will see what happens. This is actually now illegal and OFCOM will be advised .of O2's disreputable conduct.

wjk45
On our wavelength

I don’t consider myself vulnerable but at 77 years old I do fit one of your categories and these unnecessary & illegal actions by O2 do worry me more than they would have a couple of decades ago. 
Shameful conduct indeed. 

tencherman
On our wavelength
I certainly didnt have you in mind when I made that reference wjk45! 🙂 🙂

wjk45
On our wavelength

I have messaged O2 via social media so I’ll see what happens.