cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract with Volt benefits

gilesnp
On our wavelength

Hey everyone,

I renewed my contract on Thursday 30th March and ended up with a package called 'Mix Volt Bundle' - Volt M350 broadband, Mix TV, Weekend chatter and a 2GB O2 SIM (which I only took to get the broadband speed increase and WiFi boosters). The Virgin Media account is in my name, as is the new O2 SIM (although the agent accidentally entered my title on the O2 account as 'Mrs' instead of 'Mr' - which I thought would stop the Volt benefits).

Whilst researching how to change my title with O2, I've since found out that my girlfriend and I live together and she is an O2 monthly customer, if our addresses match on her O2 account (I think hers is still linked to her old address) and my VM account, we should get the Volt benefits anyway.

So, I have three questions:

1. If my girlfriend updates her O2 account address to be exactly the same as the address on my VM address, will we definitely get the Volt benefits within 14 days?
2. If my girlfriend changes her monthly O2 SIM (which she was thinking about doing anyway), will we still get the Volt benefits?
3. If I cancel the O2 SIM that I have just bought as part of my package within my 14 day allowance, will that break anything with my VM package? I wouldn't want to cancel and then not get the speed upgrade from 250 to 350 or something. My package looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 14.06.42.png

Thanks very much!
Giles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gilesnp,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Volt Benefits! I'll do all I can to help answer your questions and resolve your issue. 😊

1. If your girlfriend's address on her O2 account matches the address on your Virgin Media account, then she will be able to join in on the Volt Benefits through her MyO2 app.

2. The tariff doesn't impact Volt benefits, so if your girlfriend amends her O2 tariff, she will still have access to the Volt benefits.

3. An O2 SIM has to be active and connected to the Virgin Media account in order to receive Volt benefits. More information can be found on our Benefits FAQ page, or by reaching out to our O2 team directly on 0344 809 0202.

I understand that you've noticed that your address is written incorrectly on your Virgin Media account? I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you. 

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

gilesnp
On our wavelength

Haha! I just read this back to myself and laughed at this sentence:

@gilesnp wrote:

Whilst researching how to change my title with O2, I've since found out that my girlfriend and I live together and she is an O2 monthly customer, if our addresses match on her O2 account (I think hers is still linked to her old address) and my VM account, we should get the Volt benefits anyway.

I meant "I've since found out that because my girlfriend and I live together..." - it looks like it was a shock revelation otherwise.

gilesnp
On our wavelength

OK, I've since found out from a bill that my Virgin Media address is incorrect (my postcode is on there twice, once in upper case, once in lower case), urgh. My girlfriend's O2 account had the correct address all along. I can't seem to change my address anywhere on My Virgin Media, can anyone do it on here please?

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gilesnp,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Volt Benefits! I'll do all I can to help answer your questions and resolve your issue. 😊

1. If your girlfriend's address on her O2 account matches the address on your Virgin Media account, then she will be able to join in on the Volt Benefits through her MyO2 app.

2. The tariff doesn't impact Volt benefits, so if your girlfriend amends her O2 tariff, she will still have access to the Volt benefits.

3. An O2 SIM has to be active and connected to the Virgin Media account in order to receive Volt benefits. More information can be found on our Benefits FAQ page, or by reaching out to our O2 team directly on 0344 809 0202.

I understand that you've noticed that your address is written incorrectly on your Virgin Media account? I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you. 

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

gilesnp
On our wavelength

Hey @Paulina_Z,

Thanks for your reply - really helpful information. I've seen your DM and will be replying very soon!

Thanks a lot and speak soon,

Giles