cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix only works on 1 device not 2

JanP789
Tuning in

Hi, I upgraded my package in early Dec. I already had a Netflix account that I cancelled, then I followed the email activation code to restart my account with the same email address. Something has gone wrong because I can only watch Netflix on 1 device not 2 and I have lost all my viewing history. I raised the issue on the phone and have bern waiting 2 weeks for a call back from IT. Please can someone help me, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JanP789

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue with your Netflix service! Can I ask if the email you use to log in is different to the old account log in? 

What happens when you try to watch Netflix on another device? 

Thank you

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JanP789

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue with your Netflix service! Can I ask if the email you use to log in is different to the old account log in? 

What happens when you try to watch Netflix on another device? 

Thank you

Hi Ashleigh, thanks for your reply, I have used the same email for Netflix as before. When I try to log in on a device other than my TV it wants to restart/reactivate my previous membership. My Netflix account settings show I am billed through Virgin Media for two devices 😕, thanks Jan

Thanks for coming back to us JanP789.

You have probably tried this already, but can we ask if the password you are entering is correct? Sometimes on other devices, it can store old passwords. It can also be case sensitive and place a capital at the beginning of your password. 

Have you tried clearing all cookies/caches and history from the other device/s you are trying to watch Netflix on?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi, I followed all your advice but with no luck. When i went on a private browser I changed the password and my original profiles have now shown up but my account details no longer state that I am being billed by vigin media on the standard plan. Netflix want me to restart my membership with them. I can still only watch Netflix on my tv. I look forward to you reply, thanks Jan 😊 

Hi @JanP789

Thanks for your response

So if you log in to your online account now, are you able to activate the account under the Netflix tile?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, no it states I have the standard plan with 2 devices and I can "manage Netflix". Which when I click it, it just gives me an option to upgrade it to 4 devices.

I would be happy to watch 2 devices instead of just 1 device lol.

My Netflix account seems to have two profiles for the same email address. This occurred as my netflix account was cancelled by me ready for it to be taken over by VM. 

If I log on a private browser on my phone with VM and recover netflix account I can see my billing is with VM with my previous profile is there but it still won't let me watch on my phone. 

If I log in on the app or normal browser it wants me to restart my membership with my card payment details.

I hope this info may be of some help, thanks Jan

Hi, I have resolved this issue. 

I rang Netflix and somehow even though I was supposed to be using my existing Netflix email address, somehow I missed a letter out of the email address ooops.

Netflix amalgamated the two email addresses and now I can watch Netflix on two devices.

Thank you for your help snd patience 😊

Anyone else reading this please double check your email address on the "get help" on the Netflix page and click on "member" , your email address will be there 🙈😳.