cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix not active

DanWazz
Tuning in

Long story but I'll try and keep it as short as possible!

When I moved over to the volt package I was given Netflix as a part of the package, this was possibly about 6 months or so ago, in this time i was never able to activate it, go back 3 weeks ago from now I contacted VM and explained this and was given a reference number as it had to go to their IT to resolve.

Two weeks later I had no contact from VM but checked my entertainment packages and saw that the active button had changed, I tried it and activated my Netflix but had to sign up with a different account to what I used a while back so I used my VM account. This was great for about a week it worked until yesterday it started asking me to sign up again on this new account, it looks like VM have either not paid the Netflix bill for me or the same.issue has come back and netflix is again no longer a part of my package when it should be... Anyone else had the same experience and come to a resolution? 

Cheers, 

Dan

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DanWazz 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of any Netflix issues. 

So you were not able to use your normal Netflix log in but create a new one? What happens when you sign in now sorry with these new details? Can you send us a screenshot so we can investigate? 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I was told by virgin support to not use my current Netflix account as it was an @ntlworld.com account from my Dad's account. Not that it should matter what account I used I thought, so created a new one as instructed using my @virginmedia.com address. It worked for about 3 or 4 days and then now asks me to pay.

Screenshot_20230306-212139.png

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for the update @DanWazz 

Have you ever received an activation email from us during this time? Also, how are you accessing Netflix? Do you get the same issue when logging in from an alternative device or your set-top TV box?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I recieved an activation email when I first moved over the the VOLT package, but was told I had to use this on a new account so I waited for my current sub to run out, once it ran out I tried to use the link and it failed - I decided to take some time away from Netflix and spend time watching other stuff until now...

When i access via any platform it fails, so Web browser, Phone, Virgin Box - all ask for me to update payment now.

As of yesterday I have received an email to state that virgin have suspended my netflix account but cant say why exactly - Email pasted below... But as this is a part of my VOLT package, which is being paid for on time every month, I cant see why they would cancel it!

Hello DANIEL,

Just a heads-up that Virgin Media has been removed as your payment method for Netflix.

Why’s this happened?

Your Virgin Media services might have changed or been cancelled
If you change or disconnect some or all of your Virgin Media services (TV, broadband or home phone), you might not have a Netflix subscription included in your package anymore.

Problems with a payment method or credit limit
There might have been a problem processing a recent payment. This is usually due to your bank details changing, a credit or debit card expiring, or if you’ve gone over your credit limit with us.

Once we’ve processed your payment, or your account’s back under its credit limit, you’ll be able to enjoy Netflix as part of your package with us again.

Opted out of Netflix
You might have decided you don’t want Netflix as part of your package. But don’t worry, you can change your preferences here.

If you want to keep your Netflix subscription but pay Netflix directly, sign in to your Netflix account and set up a new payment method using a credit or debit card. You can always sign up again and continue to pay for Netflix through your Virgin Media bill if you change your mind (Netflix will keep your profile information for 9 months).

Got any questions about your Netflix account or subscriptions? Feel free call us on 150 from a Virgin Mobile phone or 0345 454 1111* from any other phone.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Hi @DanWazz 

Thanks for coming back to us. I will PM you now to help further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill