cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix account Hacked on Volt package

Kojack
On our wavelength

Last Thursday my daughter was unable to login to our Netflix.

When I checked it did not recognize my email associated with the account so I could not recover the account.

I spoke to Netflix and they said my associated email had been changed to another email made up of random numbers and letters, so Netflix advised me this looked like the account had hacked. They could not reset the account for me and stated that Virgin Media would have to delete the account and then re-add Netflix to my package.

To cut a long story short, I've been unable to get Virgin Media to recover the Netflix account. Finally one of the operators put me through to the fraud team. But this call got terminated.

After several hours of talking & messaging I've still no access.

Any suggestions would be welcome

36 REPLIES 36

Hi

Just to make you aware the service code only lasts 2 hours. Hope virginmedia can supply you with one.

Good luck

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing  @Kojack Just before going down the service code route, ate you able to try the following link Netflix and let me know if you can reset the account?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kojack
On our wavelength

Hi @Akua_A

No this doesn't work as my original ntlworld email associated with this Netflix account has been changed to a new email address unknown to me. Netflix can see the new email address looks fraudulent, and will reset it back to my original email address if I can give them a service code, which I can't.

regards Kojack

Thank you @Kojack 

Do you still have access on any devices at all? If so the service code should be listed in the settings page, as this should be a generated code from Netflix support.

Thank you

smoothcriminal
On our wavelength

It's unbelievable the way things are going down hill with Virgin Media these days. The frustration around support / resources for support alone is enough to make someone leave their contract. No disrespect to the staff here - it's just a sign of times. There's not enough resources to go around to keep customers.

To the op - I hope you get this sorted. 

I spent nearly an hour on the phone again last, Thursday, spoke to two helpful members of VM customer support. 

They have now apparently disconnected my old hacked Netflix account and have initiated a new one. I was told I should get an email in 4-5 days to activate and login to my new Netflix account as part of the Volt2 package.

Fingers crossed, although I'm not holding my breath just yet. Over 5 hours of calls to VM and Netflix so far.. not really good enough. I've also had to pay for another Netflix account while I wait.

Kojack
On our wavelength

Just an update, over two weeks since I last spoke to VM customer service and they promised me that they had disconnected my hacked Netfix account and reset it to a new account. I have not received the email to login into my reset Neflix account.

Also it's now past the cutoff date  where I had a chance to cancel my VM package. 

VM customer support have really got to get their act together, there needs to be an escalation system when problems haven't been resolved in a couple of weeks. 

Apart from keep ringing up and wasting more time I don't no what to do next.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Kojack wrote:

Just an update, over two weeks since I last spoke to VM customer service and they promised me that they had disconnected my hacked Netfix account and reset it to a new account. I have not received the email to login into my reset Neflix account.

Also it's now past the cutoff date  where I had a chance to cancel my VM package. 

VM customer support have really got to get their act together, there needs to be an escalation system when problems haven't been resolved in a couple of weeks. 

Apart from keep ringing up and wasting more time I don't no what to do next.

VM customer support is designed to be as it is - if it was not then there might be times when they actually got something right - its as cheap as possible employing CS staff in the ars* end of the world with no training other than how to read a screen and lie when needed - if you want more than that then look at another provider as sure as hell nothing is going to change within VM

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread Kojack. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see the team have raised this matter for further investigation via an IT ticket 

This has been passed on to them and they are currently investigating the issue. 

If you have not received an update by the end of the week, please do come back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Kojack
On our wavelength

Another 10 days have passed since I last spoke to VM and an IT ticket was raised. Still no access to Netflix and still no response from VM. 

I've had to pay for another months subscription for a separate Netflix account.

Weekly calls to multiply people promising a fix has still left me without Netflix since 16 March 2023. I really don't know what to do next, maybe I'll see if they can reduce my monthly bill by the cost a standard Netflix subscription?

Absolutely shocking VM customer support, no one appears to have the technical knowledge to fix my issue.