cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix (Volt) - Not working

bimjim
Joining in

I signed up to Volt in March 2022, advertised at the time as including Netflix Standard... I still can't get this to work/activate though. 

I've tried various things (cancelling my own sub, trying to activate through the Virgin box etc.), but none of them work. Is anyone at Virgin able to help?

11 REPLIES 11

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bimjim,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for your post, sorry to hear you are still unable to activate your Netflix account which is part of your package you took out in March 22, when trying to set up via the set top Box did you first sign out of the account one then try and see if another account up using a different email, select standard and you should get a message when adding the payment method saying pay Via Virgin Media.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul. 

I’m pretty sure I’ve tried that before, but I’ll give it another go. 

Still no joy with this - I've tried so many things, but it just doesn't work.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you bimjim. 

What happened when you attempted to complete the set using the suggestion by my colleague? 

Did you get the option to select Virgin Media as payment?

Thanks, 

Nat

It did, and it looked like might have worked but after a few days it stops and Netflix asks me to setup a new payment method. This is the same things that's happened before.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for posting your reply and sharing more info on this, bimjim.
We're sorry to see this process worked for a little and then stopped, have you tried to activate the Netflix account via your MyVM online here or just on the TV box menu?

If you log on to your online account, you should be able to view the Netflix tile and click on that to set up your Netflix subscription. 
You then follow the same flow as above based on your VM deal with Netflix.
Please, kindly confirm if this works so we can get back to you advising more.
In case you still need us, we're eager to help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That doesn't work for me. There's a Netflix tile within 'Entertainment', but that just says: "If you are interested in adding Netflix on your Virgin Media bill, you'll need to manage your current Netflix plan directly with Netflix and wait until your billing period ends.Once your existing Netflix plan ends, you can add Netflix to your Virgin Media bill when you restart your plan – either on the Virgin TV box or in My Virgin Media."

I've tried that multiple times, but still no joy.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again and thanks for the reply back, bimjim.

Sorry to see nothing has worked, as you've mentioned above you're in a new Volt deal with standard Netflix subscription since March. 

Can we ask if this was before or after the 21st of March '22 you signed up, as that was the actual date we implemented Netflix into our packages?

Please, tell us and we'll be eager to help with any errors.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The order was placed on 31 March 2022 and installed on 29 April.

My confirmation email screenshot is here...

Virgin.jpg