cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - The big bundle lie

MXmaster
Tuning in

Well… after over several loyal years with Virgin, so disappointed with current service levels around resolving a new package that you recommended and then didn’t deliver on. 

I’ve emailed, phoned and chatted several times with the same answer. 
“We will email you a Netflix activation link again”.  
Package signed up in March 2022, and it’s now June 2022 and still no Netflix. 

Like most, getting the usual ‘promises of a fix’, and ‘we are working on it’, and ‘it’s complicated’ we had an issue. 

Considering I pay for the top package - how hard can it be for someone to active Netflix and send me a link to use it? (Please don’t tell me for the 100th time it IS active as it is not visible on my online account). 

Did anyone ever get VM to fix their issue? Amazed you can offer something that doesn’t get given in terms of contract. 

Simply - fed up!

Knew I should have switched to sky when contract ended. 

54 REPLIES 54

Hi there,

You are 1000% correct. 
No tile at all but can see it on my bill when choosing View Bill. (On the PDF it’s part of my bundle). 
It’s just well…. Stuck somehow as no one knows how to send me the email to activate. (Other than being great at telling me to wait 48hrs etc by technical support)  

Not sure if the wait 48hrs is Jupiter time zone as this was over 3 months ago and waiting

thanks  

tafrock
Superfast

Sorted . I had the activate button. I was told to proceed and they will monitor to make sure I don't get charged 

The big red start button that mentioned charges put me off but I was assured if payment appeared on my bill (which it shouldn't) I will get refunded 

I will be receiving a follow up call in next week to make sure I'm happy 

I received a phone call within 30 minutes of email which I missed but also received a number to phone back and a name to ask for 

I did this and a very helpful lady talked me through everything and watched my account as I set it up to ensure I wasn't being charged 

tafrock

Don't get too exited , that is not a fix !

That activation link is for those that pay via VM , not the correct link if Netflix is included in your bundle.

It will work now but after 7 or 8 days you will get an email from Netflix saying the account is cancelled because Virgin will not pay ( been there,done that,got the t.shirt (but not got netflix!).

If you log in to your Netflix account I assume it says payment £10.99 per month via Virgin ? , I am told if you have the correct link it says included in your bundle.

Looks like you have been fobbed off again!

tafrock
Superfast

Well if I've been fobbed off then I shall tell the person who rings me back to check everything is working ok that it's not worked 

If they don't ring (they will) I have a number to ring to get hold of them . The lady actually mentioned the problem you state You have had and said they have resolved it now 

Tafrock

Good luck then , keep us informed...

And I dont want to sound like the grim reaper but I had to go through all that with Netflix (albeit a lot more quickly resolved) only to find my first 3 bills show Netflix as an additional charge LOL

tafrock
Superfast

Well I'm looking on my virgin extra charges now. There is no extra charge for Netflix added and it would have been virtually instant I was told on the phone . 

If a charge appears I shall ring back ask for it to be reversed and report back here

Cool. I hope it is sorted.

When I last reported my issue a couple of weks ago I got the folloiwng back:

Re: Netflix being billed on top of package

I have checked the account and can see that the Netflix code has been added, you should get an email regarding this and yes that is correct.

No email and still being added extra

tafrock
Superfast

Well seems everyone on here was correct after all I just checked my virgin media and I have been billed extra for Netflix .

I shall ring the person I spoke to yesterday and ask for the fee to be credited back to my account as they promised they would if I got charged 

What a mess this is.

I don't know if that was just poorly informed staff ( seen plenty of instances of that!) or the latest fob off tactic.

Others beware of this ..

If Netflix is included in your bundle and activation method that mentions payment will not be the correct option.