cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - The big bundle lie

MXmaster
Tuning in

Well… after over several loyal years with Virgin, so disappointed with current service levels around resolving a new package that you recommended and then didn’t deliver on. 

I’ve emailed, phoned and chatted several times with the same answer. 
“We will email you a Netflix activation link again”.  
Package signed up in March 2022, and it’s now June 2022 and still no Netflix. 

Like most, getting the usual ‘promises of a fix’, and ‘we are working on it’, and ‘it’s complicated’ we had an issue. 

Considering I pay for the top package - how hard can it be for someone to active Netflix and send me a link to use it? (Please don’t tell me for the 100th time it IS active as it is not visible on my online account). 

Did anyone ever get VM to fix their issue? Amazed you can offer something that doesn’t get given in terms of contract. 

Simply - fed up!

Knew I should have switched to sky when contract ended. 

54 REPLIES 54

Hi,

I wish I could get that far to even have a choice…
Tried 2 mobiles and 2 laptops and URL doesn’t change when clicking ACTIVATE. 

just loops and returns me back to start. 
I still haven’t had the activation email since March btw… just stumbled across this new button today. 

but like the rest of this saga - another dead end. 😢

Been charged full whack every month since they said they had sorted it

i will be expecting to be recompensed, I have WhatsApp chats with the customer service people here even saying it was fixed

Shysters

Hello Ruralgangster,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your Netflix charges
Id like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L - I have exactly the same problem as RuralGangster. Do you have any advice or fix to offer?

@MXmaster wrote:

We are now in July….

Not a whisper or word from VM on my customer case raised other than ‘as your complaint it IT related we are closing your case as no immediate fix’. 

5 months seems a stupid amount of time to resolve the problem of something I’m paying for as part of a package sold to me - but cannot have. 

So infuriating. 

If it hasn't been fixed and compensation offered, then I would suggest you contact CISAS, and see if you can refer the complaint to them - there's a couple of important criteria that apply in that you must have formally complained to VM, and either eight weeks has passed with no acceptable outcome, or alternatively if the complaint is less than eight weeks old you must have had a "resolution" that you have rejected and asked for a deadlock letter. 

VM don't have a good name for customer service, but even allowing that, the Great Netflix Screwup is quite remarkable.  Obviously insufficient people are taking the matter to CISAS, otherwise they'd have sorted this out months ago.

If you guys are unable to activate Netflix via the link (it wasn't working for me either). Use Netflix app via the Virgin TV box. Change the payment type, and for me once I removed my card details, it gave me the option to be billed through Virgin media as an option. I changed to that and now it's working.

I have looked at the app on the tv box but cannot see where to change the payment type, where is that?

Be careful! Billed via Virgin is the option if you wish to pay £10.99 per month to VM. If Netflix is included in your bundle this is not the correct option/link. It will activate Netflix but it will either be cancelled by Netflix as Virgin will not pay or you will be billed by Virgin.

Thanks for that tracktorboy. If that happens I'll contact virgin (which will most likely be the case).

Edit; I did ask one of the forum agents here in private message, who said it should be fine. So let's see. I'm expecting what you said to be honest.

The forum team seem to have always been off the pace on this Netflix problem!