cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Subscription cancelled.

KMW6
On our wavelength

I received an email from Netflix to state my subscription  which is part of the Volt package has been cancelled. It is now impossible to restart membership  from the set-top box. VM Customer service has been unable to resolve. Netflix customer service stated it is because  payment had not been received by Virgin Media. In my Virgin Media account it still shows Netflix as an active service. Virgin Media customer support have confirmed this is not a technical issue. Like many other people please would you resolve this frustrating issue. 

53 REPLIES 53

Hi @KMW6 👋, thank you for your reply to Martin. We're really sorry to hear about the ongoing issue you've been having with Netflix 😔 It must be extremely frustrating.

We'll send you a private message in order to get this looked into for you further. Look out for the purple box in the top right-hand corner 😀

Regards,
Daniel

KMW6
On our wavelength

As an update—today I was able to restart my Netflix Membership via the App on the set-top box. 

KezMan1
On our wavelength

Hi @KMW6,

I'm glad your working again.  Did they share a ticket number or anything to help me get mine fixed??

@Daniel_Et @Martin_N

Anything you can do to help me as mine is the same problem!  “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later”

KMW6
On our wavelength

Daniel was really helpful and logged the following ticket ref for me—and it was resolved the following day.  I hope that it helps you out and that my issue is resolved going forward. Here is the ticket ref I received P011836975. Thanks for all of the support!

KMW6
On our wavelength

After my Netflix working for 2 weeks, Netflix has sent an email confirming disconnection of service. It is exactly the same message I have received previously. 

Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Sunday, 2nd April 2023.”

it is obvious the is a disconnect with the  VM billing process with Netflix and customers who are paying, upgrading services  are left, once again, trying to resolve what should be a basic issue. I anticipate this means once again weeks or more without service.

any assistance to log and resolve—-again—would be appreciated.  

KezMan1
On our wavelength

@KMW6 Sorry to hear yours is broken again.

Mine was still broken until a few hours ago!

Until then the only thing that changed from my previous message was the message on the box changed to

"Sorry, this offer can't be found. Sign into Netflix or sign up for a new account without this offer" which then changed to this a few days later after clicking restart membership and selecting Partner offer "This payment method is not available at the moment. Please try again or select a different payment method"

I have had a few calls to the service desk being fobbed off with "Don't raise another IT Ticket", "They are very busy", "just wait another 5 days", "You've been added to a new team that only deal with Netflix problems"....

Amazingly someone did call me today from Virhgin Media (first call back EVER) and asked it the problem was resolved.  I said no and she said that she would raise a Netflix activation form and all should be good in a maximum of two days.  I checked two hours later and it was working!  Hopefully this will last longer than the week it did last time.

KMW6
On our wavelength

Thanks so much for the update. I’m now receiving the same message from Netflix. I’ll follow your advice and ask about the activation form and hope this will be resolved. I’ll provide an update. 

I have this same message since 28th March.

Customer Services are less than useless.

Just fobbed off.

Did you get you service restarted since Monday yet?

KMW6
On our wavelength

Hi there,

Im still without service and have put through a call raising the issue (again) and received a standard response saying the issue has been logged. 

In the Virgin media app there is now a link about “having trouble logging into Netflix”—but unsurprisingly that doesn’t work either. If this is a known issue some explanatory information on the VM app would be helpful. I never would have upgraded had I known how frustrating and ongoing  this process was. 

yes, I am with you on that. I have had netflix for years and recently got VM to take over it as I am a Volt customer.

Was all good for a few months until I moved home on 6th March. Now I have a new account number with Virgin and Netflix have said VM haven't paid the bill.

How difficult can it be?