cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Subscription cancelled.

KMW6
On our wavelength

I received an email from Netflix to state my subscription  which is part of the Volt package has been cancelled. It is now impossible to restart membership  from the set-top box. VM Customer service has been unable to resolve. Netflix customer service stated it is because  payment had not been received by Virgin Media. In my Virgin Media account it still shows Netflix as an active service. Virgin Media customer support have confirmed this is not a technical issue. Like many other people please would you resolve this frustrating issue. 

53 REPLIES 53

KMW6
On our wavelength

Hi Travis,

Thanks for your response and update. As of yesterday my account was still inactive so I am hoping the 2nd line team will be able to resolve and provide a confirmation. Many thanks.  

KMW6
On our wavelength

I would also be grateful if the streaming charge I am being billed for on my latest bill (£5 for Netflix Premium) would also be removed—given I am unable to access any Netflix services. 

KezMan1
On our wavelength

Well that didn't last very long!

New email from Netflix overnight - only working for 7 days this time!

KezMan1_0-1678541001708.png

Guess i'm back on the phone again today!

KMW6
On our wavelength

Sorry to hear that. I still have no response. Very frustrating about the lack of communication or that this should be an issue at all—given it was a major selling point of their package—and this is an ongoing problem many people are having to live with for months. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey KMW6, thanks for all the posts and updates and sorry to hear of the Netflix subscription issue.

This is a known issue we've faced recently, however it has been resolved for most customers.

Could you please advise if you've received any further emails from us to re-register for Netflix? 
If not, could you see if you can activate your Netflix account via VM on the TV box or our MyVM App online?
You'd need to find the Netflix button or App and follow the instructions to activate the subscription with your VM details.

Please, let us know if this works for you and we'll be here to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

KMW6
On our wavelength

Hi Adri,

Thanks for your response—I haven’t received and emails. It also isn’t possible to restart the membership on Netflix via the set-top app—when attempted I receive the “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.” Error message. 

I had an email on 9th March informing me that my Netflix subscription has been suspended, I dont subscribe through Virgin media so it can't be suspended. I received another email on 10 March telling me "Great news – Netflix is included in your package with us. Follow the steps below to activate your Netflix account and start watching right away.

I dont think I will go through VM given all the issues I have read on the forums.

KezMan1
On our wavelength

A 15min call to first line, then second line resulted in them telling me to NOT raise another IT ticket as the previous one had not yet been completed and it would not help me!  I was asked to wait a few days for the FMS system to be completed on the other ticket.  She did say she would put notes on the call that it did start working and has broken again....

They could not tell me why it started working for 7 days or why it stopped again.  So I'm back with you again with the “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later” message.

I had my letter about price changes last week so still a few weeks to break from this....

Thank you for that information. Have you been able to check for the activation button on your online account?

^Martin

KMW6
On our wavelength

Hi Martin

The Entertainment services tab in my online account shows that Netflix is active. Accounts are also billing me for the addition money for the premium service. I still have no service and am unable to restart my membership via the Netflix App on my set-top box. It really is difficult to comprehend how this issue is unable to be resolved quickly and that there is no additional information available for a known issue. Having contacted Netflix directly they have let me know that membership was cancelled as no payment for services had been received by VM. Thanks.