cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missold o2 Sim package + missing o2 sim

riteshpatel
Tuning in

Hoping somebody can help me and my partner as we have been sent back and forth from Virgin Media to o2, neither seem to want to help.

We spoke with virgin media partners and were offered a deal that included the m200 broadband plus an o2 sim with 10gb of data for £25, we were also given the option to add another o2 sim with 6gb of data for an additional £6 per month which we went for, all as part of an 18 month contract totalling £31 per month which we felt was a great deal. We have all of this in writing from a member of staff at virgin media partners. 

Our broadband has been fitted no issues there, we then only received one o2 sim in the post, and the letter attached to this said the cost of this sim was £12 for this sim alone, and it was a 5gb sim, not 10gb as promised, as well as being £6 more per month which was not what was agreed. 

We were then asked for payment for the two sims, which we did not initially make as we were still waiting on the second sim and the first sim cost and data was incorrect. 

Really need a solution on this, anyone who has tried to contact virgin or o2 before will know the time spent on the phone can go well past an hour so hopefully somebody is willing to take responsibility and sort this mess out as right now were having to pay for an o2 sim that is not in use, an o2 sim that we do not have as well as our current o2 sims in use!

I don’t understand how volt can be a thing, if the two companies dont have a direct line of contact with each other. 

All we want is the sims to be sent out to us, with the data agreed, for the monthly price agreed, and for the contract length agreed! 

Please help somebody!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like a normal Broadband and SIM package and nothing to do with O2 or Volt

A 10Gb SIM for a discounted £25. A two year SIM only at 10Gb costs £12 per month with O2 direct

Can't see the 6Gb in their present offerings

Offer 3 mentions those that already have an O2 SIM and is a 100Mb package with Volt which will give you 200Mb

You were done over. But as pointed out your claim is against your original suppliers

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @riteshpatel 

Since you took out the original deal via Virgin Media Partners have you contacted them to resolve the issue?

https://www.virginmediapartners.com/vmmap/contacts/add 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Same as with any product you have bought - go to the place that sold it to you.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

We went straight to virgin media partners first, they said they do not deal with the o2 sims so sent us straight to o2, who in turn have sent us straight back to Virgin…

Tried that, no help at all, got sent to o2 to deal with the missing sim / overpriced / under data sim and they said they have nothing to do with it go back to virgin media….

If virginmediapartners sold you the package including the SIMs then they are legally responsible to supply you what you paid for. They can't just push you on to someone else.

Can you post a link to the deal they offered you? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

No link but have it on email, green highlighted is what we went for 

6EBF50D0-4598-4922-9AB6-9046F2F3207E.jpeg

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like a normal Broadband and SIM package and nothing to do with O2 or Volt

A 10Gb SIM for a discounted £25. A two year SIM only at 10Gb costs £12 per month with O2 direct

Can't see the 6Gb in their present offerings

Offer 3 mentions those that already have an O2 SIM and is a 100Mb package with Volt which will give you 200Mb

You were done over. But as pointed out your claim is against your original suppliers

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks