cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Retention deal if joining Volt?

ACS651
Tuning in

I am already on an o2 Sim contract for my phone and am currently on a Retensions deal with Virgin for TV  and 200 meg broadband.
I was going to take up the offer of double data from o2 and speed upgrade to the next available broadband speed on Virgin via the Volt option.
After reading the latest posts in the Volt section of this help forum I am paranoid that it is all going to go Pete Tong and instead of just reaping the benefits of the deal I am concerned they are going to screw up my Retensions deal and I will get charged more each month than before taking up the offer.

What do people think? Can anyody confirm that they took the Volt deal  while still retaining their original Retension arrangement without any problem?
I do not now whether to risk joining Volt or stay put.

4 REPLIES 4

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

afaik it should go through as you want - double data and upgraded to the next speed - will ask for confirmation of that @BenMcr - can i ask - assuming thats correct then if it does not staff here should be able to sort it

fully understand your concern - its likely to be offshore and they will do exactly as they want whist [usually] assuring you its what you have asked for

Tony.
Sacked VIP

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes, it's my understanding too that registering through My O2 for the Volt benefits won't impact the agreed bundle deal - even if it's a Retention one.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks Tony and BenMcr

I will proceed with joing Volt and hopefully reap the benefits without any issues.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm on a retention deal and joined volt via O2. Never even spoke to Virgin

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks