cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lied about having free Netflix

bemybezzyman
Dialled in

Your Netflix cancellation confirmation.jpgHi there,

Having spoke to many people in customer services with Virgin I was reliably informed by everyone my package did include Netflix but now over the last 24 hours they have decided it does not even though I did have Netflix on my account and it was free then I get an email from Netflix as above saying Virgin has stopped my membership. I spoke  to someone Virgin today and she put the phone down on me when I asked why I was being given wrong information. Please could someone from Virgin speak to me on here to confirm things for me please because I really can't understand the agents I talk to on the phone.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Tractorboy
Rising star

Please put Netflix in search and you will see there are many threads on here about Netflix.

The whole situation has been badly handled by VM and left customers confused and frustrated..

Check your contract to see if Netflix is included.

Many people have received the Netflix email to say VM are not paying , this is due to problems with VM set up that they seem to be struggling to fix , it is a long ongoing problem

mantis1806
Dialled in

I have complained to trading standards now about netflix issue I reccomend every do the same. Appaling customer service they lie to you they say its fixed but isn't they even told me o2 supplies the netflix nit them even when it's says on my contract in black and white about time ofcom got involved now.to finish it off they are still advertising it with netflix on volt ultimate. In my eyes false advertisement 

bemybezzyman
Dialled in

Screenshot_20220512-090114_Chrome.jpg

For some reason I have this screen now saying Netflix is acitvated yet when I sign into Netflix it asks me for Payment details. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON VIRGIN. It seems to me someone from Virgin will only talk to you if theres something easy or a happy problem to solve rather than a total ballsup this Netflix offer is doing to a lot of other people.

I woke up on Monday to this same issue. I contacted Virgin CS (via WhatsApp) and to be honest got a very helpful person. They told me it would be resolved within 24 hours. Within a couple of hours I got the same payment screen as you did bemybezzyman but then after about 10 hours this changed and I had the Virgin payment option and I could get my membership back.

Shouldnt have happened in the first place of course and I know I may have been one of the lucky ones given some of the posts on here

I spoke to someone on netflix they told me it's a known issue and no time frame when ut be fixed that's technical support said that 

I had the same issue,
but it still works out well, the cost of Netflix is included in the package deal. In my case £75 for everything, which includes Netflix. If this wasn't the case, I'd be paying Netflix separately on the of the package cost.
I'll double check when I get my bill from my credit card.
What's bugs me is that I was told that my package included my mobile and i was forced to go with O2, if I didn't my package cost would go up by about £60. So, I have to give O2, £10 a month and an additional cost to Virgin.

Out of interest @Buckman what line speed have you got. I'm being charged £85 plus the annoying totally separate O2 of £25 which works out in total £1 cheaper than my previous oomph package but I get Netflix as well.

I actually did a comparison with the likes of BT and Sky and like for like (ok you get things like Atlantic with Sky) Virgin worked out slightly cheaper. AND I get Gig1 rather than 35-55mbps with BT/Sky

Sorry, don't know.

Terini
On our wavelength

@archercj

I was told I had to join O2 in order to "lower my bills" too and get the gig1 speed, or I couldnt have it, My virgin bill went to £90 per month, I did this back at the start of the year and my O2 bill has gone up from £25 to pver £27!  but as its part of the "contractual increase" even only having the account for 3 months is appauling, I get about 980mb speed which isnt too bad, but dont get the free netflix as its only for new members this month, you'd think that a company like Virgin Media would consider all people on the same bundle as EQUAL not send emails out to those that signed up before saying "hey click this link and we'll bill you for netflix" email subject line "SALLY, ready for Netflix? Let’s get streaming (KMM91116675V36408L0KM)"  now I'm stuck with this till July 2023, and my husband just lost his job so paying for it all is getting tighter and tighter, so its getting to the choice of FOOD, OR ELECTRIC, OR VIRGIN... 

I think its totally unacceptable that Virgin should try and understand that nearly everyone is financially screwed currently and maybe consider what is best for their customers not their wallet, or lose customers due to not being able to pay

Sally & Pete.