cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Cancelled

Steve130
Joining in

I upgraded to Ultimate Volt on 5th October and was given an installation date of 24th October (tomorrow).

I received a text message today to say the installation had been cancelled and rearranged for 4th January 2023!

I spent 30 minutes on the phone to someone at Virgin who couldn’t bring the date forward or send the equipment by post for me to install myself.

He blamed their system and said he would speak to his Team Leader and someone would call me back.

I have already given Sky notice to cancel my TV with them.

I have had Virgin broadband for 2 years with no issues but I am seriously considering cancelling everything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

For goodness sake don't cancel!  Under the guaranteed compensation scheme, if they do install on 4 Jan, then you're due £5.25 a day for around 72 days.  I'd say sort your connection out with Sky, let VM install as and when they get round to it, immediately cancel the new VM connection under cooling off rights, and claim your £378 compensation.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

For goodness sake don't cancel!  Under the guaranteed compensation scheme, if they do install on 4 Jan, then you're due £5.25 a day for around 72 days.  I'd say sort your connection out with Sky, let VM install as and when they get round to it, immediately cancel the new VM connection under cooling off rights, and claim your £378 compensation.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

PJPJ
Tuning in

Hi, wondering if you managed to get this resolved, and if so how, as I'm in similar situation? Thanks 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PJPJ, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues similar to the original poster. 

Can you please expand on what has been happening and we will do all we can to help?

Thanks, 

Nat