cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change to Volt Ultimate?

jgnotts
Superfast

I'm currently on the ultimate oomph or something like that (can't remember what it's called). I have a couple of discounts but it's still costing my about £123 a month.

A relative is on the Volt Ultimate package and has all the same channels as me and all the features but instead of the Virgin Media sim has an O2 sim.

I was never offered this when I phoned up to ask about paying less in the middle of last year but I'm now wondering how I can get this and is it an easy process?Also, how much would this cost at the moment?

I'd like to keep the same mobile number so hopefully this is possible.

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jgnotts 

You would need to contact regrades and ask to take out the Ultimate Volt package.  You should also ask for a PAC code to transfer your number from VM to O2 Once you have the O2 sim and your PAC register and sign into https://accounts.o2.co.uk/register  and you should be able transfer your number to the O2 sim.

It might be a good idea to wait a week or two to see if you receive a price increase letter/email and then speak to retentions (thinking of leaving)

Retentions are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line regrades agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also  you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours, although it's taking longer at present due to the upcoming price increases - phone calls take priority.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I phoned up yesterday and it would seem the lady on the other end wasn’t being given the options on her system for offers on volt etc that I know other people have got. She said she’d ring me back after 11am today but not heard back yet.

I remember last year I was not offered the volt package when I phoned up and a couple of years ago I had to press them to offer me the ultimate package with the sim card in because I hadn’t got it even though I thought I was on the top package. I was never offered this until I pushed for it and then it took some doing to get it.

I’ve been with Virgin for over 25 years now - it was Diamond Cable when I first had broadband with them and then NTL and now Virgin and it would seem that for some reason my account is never being given offers that other relatives have got.

Just had a call back to say that there’s still issues and she will ring me back Saturday morning.

According to the lady it’s not just my account that she has these problems with over the last couple of days but it does feel like somehow I’m being discriminated against with regards to offers etc

Still waiting for the call back. I don’t hold out much hope of getting a call today now.

Great service Virgin.

Is there any way I can get to speak to the original person I spoke to last week? I didn't get the call back on Saturday that she promised but at least I could hear and understand what she was saying.

I've tried to speak to people today but have spent an annoying 1 hour getting nowhere really...

The first call I went through all the menu sysyem and the security only for it to end the call without me speaking to anybody.

The second call I got through to someone who sounded like she was abroad and on an internet type phone. I tried a few times to explain what I'd gone through on my initial call but she just didn't seem to be able to understand what I was saying and I had difficulty hearing what she was saying. I asked politely if she could transfer me to someone in this country and she said yes and then after another minute the phone went dead.

The third call I got through to someone in Wales but the phone line was extremely bad and I could not tell what he was saying. he went through various things but a combination of the accent, the bad phone line and his fast speaking meant that I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. I asked if he could get a message to the original lady (Jeanette) so I could speak to her again.

To say I'm annoyed and frustrated is an understatement.

I tried again and finally got to speak to someone in Scotland who was very helpful so ignore the above.

Although the person I spoke to yesterday was very helpful and phoned me back a few times to keep trying, there is a problem with my account which means it won't let her do certain things with it and she was going to pass it over to IT to sort it.

Why is nothing ever simple with Virgin? In the meantime she has sorted me an O2 sim which I will be paying for separately but I need all this sorting otherwise I'll be paying more than ever because I'm still on my old virgin bundle which includes the virgin sim.

I was promised a call back today - never happened but nothing new there.

Hi jgnotts, welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

So sorry to hear of your recent issues with your package and your experience trying to get this sorted by phone! It looks as though you have been in touch again, and hopefully this time everything is sorted? 🤞

Sadly we are limited with what support we can provide for package changes via the forum, and so do not usually process these via this platform. However if you would like some support raising a complaint as a result of your experience please let us know and we can send a PM 📩 to offer support with this. For support with package changes you can call us on📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. Text us 📲 on +44753 305 1809, and WhatsApp us on +447305 327 112 .

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly