cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 but won’t give me the router

itconor
Tuning in

So my contract was up I get onto change it to the new volt contracts they sign me up to the top tier that’s supposed to have gig1 but then after they sign me up they tell me there is no routers so I can’t have gig1 and I’m stuck with 600meg until there is routers.

how can they advertise the package and the gig speed if they cannot fulfill it why would I play full price for the package but not get all the features a?

I don’t understand apparently only new customers are getting the routers required for gig1 according to my sales rep honestly at the price it’s insane the more I’ve sat and though about it since my upgrade the more I feel ripped off, BT provide gig in my area as do many others so I’m not sure why virgin think it’s ok to advertise it but not give me it 

36 REPLIES 36

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IMO you should be getting a discount until they send you a router

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are the second in 24 hours to post about this.

Seems Virgin have a big supply issue.

Agree with @jb66 They should discount until they sort it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

There has been a global chip shortage since 2020, so supplies of kit such as router and hubs are not reliable.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I work in IT I’ve seen the chip shortage I know it’s there what i don’t understand as how virgin advertise the service and upgrade me to the service  at full price and can’t deliver there should be discounts until they can supply what they sold 

You won't get a refund unless you ask for it - and probably repeatedly.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Chip shortage or not, Virgin are overselling. If they haven't got the routers, don't sell the product.

Sure Trading Standards would be interested.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Fully agree with this - Ultimate Volt states categorically Gig1 broadband, my new contract on Ultimate Volt only mentions M600 - this is fraudulent, as contract should reflect what you are selling which is Gig1. Either get some routers, or reduce the price for those of us only getting the lower speed.

JD

Hi itconor,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that you have not been upgraded to our 1gb service due to a shortage of routers.

We can certainly understand the frustration this has caused, especially over the package price you are paying.

We would be happy to take a look at your account and see if there is anything we can do in the interim about this. 

I will pop you over a private message to take some personal details from you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Kiska
On our wavelength

We had this and when we got our new contract it states m600 when we queried it they said gig1 is for new customers only and that we had been lied to !

great service from Virgin!