cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems with new router

xmo0sie
Tuning in

Good afternoon,

I have recently installed a new router as i updated my package to the 1 gig speeds and i have had nothing but problems.

Web pages taking much longer to load, games getting lag spikes, i cant run the diagnostics tool on the virgin website to troubleshoot the issue, and now it wont even let me reset my password as im getting Code: DEF01.  

Pc is connected to the router via ethernet cable

Could i be advised what to do next please as this is getting very frustrating now.

Cheers

Nate

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nate, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection and also having faults with resetting your password. 

Taking a look at things this end, I can see my colleague Rob has already looked into the internet connection issue. I've redone the checks and can see all power and signal levels are within range and there are no faults in the area affecting you. Speed checks on the hub show the correct speed is also being delivered to the hub. 

You've said that the computer is connected via ethernet cable but looking at the connected devices, we're only seeing WiFi devices connected. Have you removed the ethernet cable? 

In terms of the password issue, this is something we would need to look at privately for you and we'll need to pass security. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi kath thanks for your response...

It's a bit embarrassing but after reading your comment about no ethernet being connected, i checked my router again and the ethernet wasn't plugged all the way in. My Pc was connecting automatically via wifi - hence why everything wasnt running as perfect as usual...

Thank you again for taking the time to help. Have a great weekend

Nate