cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion about equipment

neilus77
On our wavelength

Hi can anyone help. I have recently upgraded my package to the Ultimate Volt bundle and trying to work out how many boxes will arrive with the engineer.

To me it reads I will get a TV 360 box, an additional box and a 360 mini box but agents tell me I will only get 1 x 360 mini box and have to use my old set box so only 2 boxes in total. It is so confusing.

If anyone can explain it in layman’s terms that would be great.

8B509354-889D-41DE-96C6-A1935B649C98.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @neilus77 

Unless you have specifically requested a third box then you will only have two boxes.

The screenshot you posted  shows that your account is set up for two boxes in total - that's one main 360 box and a mini box.

The contract printout is a little misleading and has confused many people - it's definitely only for two boxes.

Yes, your current box will be updated to a main 360 box and you will also receive a 360 mini box, along with two remote controls. (One for your original box and the other for the mini box)

If you don't have  a tech coming to install the second box there's a handy online video showing how to upgrade the V6 to a 360 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KruQsQbPMsw 

The same video from around the 2 minute 50 point shows how to install the mini box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @neilus77 

The Ultimate Volt package includes two TV set top boxes as standard.

The "additional TV box" shown in your screenshot relates to the TV360 Mini Box.

If you wanted a third box then there would be an additional charge of £5 per month for the third box.

If you currently have a V6 box then that will receive an over the air upgrade to change it's operating system to a 360.

The 360 mini box is sent out to replace one of the odler Tivo boxes if you have one as they can't be upgraded to a 360.

If you didn't have a second VM TB box then you would receive a TV360 mini box.

Please note that both boxes will need connecting to VM coaxial cabling so they can receive live TV.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

So they will upgrade the software in my current box and supply a 360 mini box resulting in 2 boxes in the house not 2 full size boxes and 1 mini box. This is where I am getting confused with how it has been written.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @neilus77 

Unless you have specifically requested a third box then you will only have two boxes.

The screenshot you posted  shows that your account is set up for two boxes in total - that's one main 360 box and a mini box.

The contract printout is a little misleading and has confused many people - it's definitely only for two boxes.

Yes, your current box will be updated to a main 360 box and you will also receive a 360 mini box, along with two remote controls. (One for your original box and the other for the mini box)

If you don't have  a tech coming to install the second box there's a handy online video showing how to upgrade the V6 to a 360 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KruQsQbPMsw 

The same video from around the 2 minute 50 point shows how to install the mini box

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks for the info, makes more sense now, Virgin love confusing us technophobes lol,  tbh 2 boxes is enough for us as only got 2 tv’s,

I am not sure what box we have, it’s only 12 months old and looks like the one on the website, but no idea if it’s a V6 or 360, it’s got a slim controller that you can talk to.

Oh well will wait and see what turns up, as far as I know it’s an engineer visit, just got 2 weeks to wait for the upgrade and visit.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@neilus77 wrote:

I am not sure what box we have, it’s only 12 months old and looks like the one on the website, but no idea if it’s a V6 or 360, it’s got a slim controller that you can talk to.

Hi again @neilus77 

That's a 360 main box since it's already got the remote with the voice button.

The tech will bring the 360 mini box with them and install it where you want it.

The mini box doesn't have a hard drive so all the recordings will be made on your existing main box.

The mini box only pauses for around 3 or 4 minutes. The main box however buffers for around 3 hours. So if you want to pause a program on the mini box for any longer then press the record button. You then go into recordings, select the program and play it back as normal.

Once you have your mini 360 box installed, Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption on your existing main box.

You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're currently using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.