cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling volt mobile

corryj1
Joining in

Hi folks - I took out the volt mobile phone add on and not activated it yet - I dont need it - have work related mobile contracts.Anyway I have decided to cancel the direct debit as Im paying for something I dont use - do I need to contact Virgin and cancel it at their end also ?? Thnaks in advance 

8 REPLIES 8

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The SIM is part of the Volt Package. You may have to renegotiate your Broadband

As the SIM is with O2 you will need to cancel with them, but be aware you may have to pay off your contract with them if it is over 14 days from sign up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks very much . Will I have any leverage if they have put up the monthly price and I can advise I am unhappy with the increase in prices ?? Im happy to keep al the other aspects of my packagae . Thanks for taking the time to reply  

Hi @corryj1 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

You will need to speak to O2 to cancel the SIM with them 👉 https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 

This would indeed affect the Volt deal on the cable side, so you'll also need to contact the team who will then look at non-Volt offers for you. 

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

a total lack of information on the DD - i dont know how O2 work but if you cancel a DD with VM then expect dept collectors letters and a black mark on your credit file which will sit there for years - far better to keep paying and get any money back

Volt seems to have been a disaster and more so when you come to the point you are at - its sold by VM who then pass the mobile part back to O2 - if and when you want to cancel the O2 part VM wash their hands of any involvement or help - not sure thats legal but hell this is VM so what has legal to do with anything

if you want to cancel the sim them O2 will want to charge you for the rest of the contract

you may have an email or be getting one for the VM price rise - this states Volt customers can cancel their BB and mobile sim at no cost - simple statement but from posts on here no one has told O2 as they are [or were] refusing to honour that statement

so good luck with whatever you decide it will be an uphill battle

Tony.
Sacked VIP

O2 are still insisting there are early termination charges to cancel the volt o2 sim even though I've explained to them that virgin have confirmed that there isn't any. I've been on to o2 all morning trying to get my account closed without charges, I've now been told to contact them in 14 days to get those charges removed as a credit has been applied to my account because of the circumstances of my account closure but cannot be applied today.

As the SIM is with O2, we don't have access to their systems to look into this further for you Koolmacher, let us know how this goes over the next couple of weeks.

Rob

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Robert_P wrote:

As the SIM is with O2, we don't have access to their systems to look into this further for you Koolmacher, let us know how this goes over the next couple of weeks.

Rob

so heres a question rob taking your statement at face value - if you dont have access to their system how did VM sales manage to sell the OP the sim in the first place - a full Volt package is sold by VM thats BB and an O2 sim 

strange how you are happy to sell the product but then do nothing when that goes wrong

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I suspect that legally; and it'll probably need to end up in Court to get a definitive precedent; the question is this, 'who sold you the O2 SIM was it Virgin Media or O2'?

If it were O2 then surely, you would have been in negotiation with them directly, if it were VM acting as an 'agent' for O2 then responsibility for it rests with VM. Whatever backroom deals have gone on between VM and O2 are not the concern of the customer - neither can VM, if indeed they were the seller, simply wash their hands and claim that they can't or won't or are too incompetent to subsequently deal with it. Especially as the letters from them specifically state that the customer can cancel the O2 SIM part of the deal without penalty. So who, then is responsible?

You know this has all the making of a spectacularly expensive legal mess being dropped on VM's head from a great height, and personally, if I were a VM employee publicly posting on here, I'd stay as far away from commenting on this subject as I possibly could - it's probably not going to end well!