cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling broadband on Volt - what happens to O2 sim contract?

stars_bright
Tuning in

I am on the Volt package, still within contract but able to leave because of the broadband price rise. I rang and gave notice to cancel both broadband and mobile and noemntiin was made of any penalty charges. I assumed I could also cancel the 02 sim penalty free as it’s part of the package but when I texted for my PAC code it messaged back that there would be a early leaving penalty, is this correct or will my mobile just stop when my broadband does?

2 REPLIES 2

Tavis75
Super solver

Based on reports here, you have to contact O2 directly, but they are unaware that you are meant to able to cancel without paying termination fees, so you will have to have an argument with them. I'm not sure if anyone has successfully left without paying fees, some have been charged with the promise of a refund to come, but not sure if anyone has actually received the refund yet.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stars_bright 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

Some customers who bought both elements of their Volt bundle together will have a Right to Cancel period for both the cable and mobile elements. If this is applicable to you, we would notify you within our communication. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs