cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Volt Bundle - PAC Codes?

padrewill
Tuning in

Welp. With the new price rises, and the offer to get out penalty-free, I think I'll avail myself of that option.  I've been with Virgin broadband for five years, which has included an O2 Volt bundle since Summer 2022.  I'm sat waiting on the online chat to respond – this could be hours – so thought I'd ask some questions while I wait! 

Because I want to keep my three mobile numbers – we have three O2 lines in our family connected to the volt package – I want to make sure I have time to get a PAC code for them.  I also want to ensure I have another broadband provider in place before Virgin goes dead.  Can anyone comment whether the service ends immediately after requesting cancellation, or whether it lasts till the end of the current billing period?  

Also ... related ... does anyone have any experience with cancelling more than one SIM connected up through the Volt package? They all get Volt benefits, and they all were bought when I signed up for the bundle. But only one of them actually *says* Volt.  Am I going to be able to cancel them all?  O2 has been profoundly mediocre in many ways for the entire time I've used it – I really regret leaving Vodafone – and I really just want to get out as cheaply as possible.  

13 REPLIES 13

Did they agree to give you the PAC code for the main line

For clarity, I was *prepared* to keep two lines if I absolutely had to, but I wanted all three and — if I really only could take one — I wanted it to be the one of my own choice, not the one they had (wrongly) decided was my main number.  

In the end, it wasn't necessary.  They let me switch all three to the 30-day contract without penalty, and I was able to get the PAC codes from there.  I've already moved two lines to EE — just waiting for that to process on EE's side — and the other will be with O2 for a few more months for logistical reasons, but it could also go tomorrow if I so chose. 

Ahh ok, thanks for the clarification. So all 3 were moved to one month contracts , and from there easier to cancel and get the PAC codes. But they were actually willing to cancel the main volt line outright without penalty, that's progress.

Cheers, will see what they say when I try again 😁

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating your thread @padrewill,

I am glad you have managed to sort this out, I can only apologise for the length of time it has taken for you to get this sorted.

Zoie