cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable installation

DTully
Joining in

I booked appointment for a virgin media engineer to change cable box and location and move socket tomorrow morning (11 Feb). No confirmation received so just rang now and there is no record of the appointment. This follows on from an appointment made for last week, confirmation text received and engineer turned up at a different time so I wasn't there. I am taking time off work for these 4 hour appointment slots and it is holding up electrical and other contractors. Please Virgin Media, contact me today and ensure an engineer is there tomorrow morning as arranged!!

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello DTully.

Hello  
Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry we may be a day late in getting back to you.

Our Community is not an instant messaging service. We aim to get back to any posts as soon as we can.

Can we ask if the visit went ahead on yesterday?

Gareth_L

Thanks for your reply. I understand that this isn’t an instant messaging service but I haven’t been able to get my issue resolved any other way. 

I was at the house from 8am to 12 noon and no one turned up. No phone call or any contact. Another 4 hours of my time wasted. 

This is a service I am purchasing (€110 I was quoted) and yet I get this treatment. I will be charging Virgin Media for my time.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DTully 

Are you in Ireland by any chance?

The reason I'm asking is you wrote that you are paying in euros.

If so you need to contact https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/  as the Forum Staff here don't have access to those systems.

In the UK VM would pay you £26.24 if they don’t turn up on the promised day of an appointment

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali