cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigger Volt package - cancelling o2 SIM?

gwenj
Just joined

Hi,

I am a new customer and have recently signed up to the Bigger Volt package. I am really pleased with the value of the Virgin bundle but do not need the o2 sim and will probably not use it. I am not bothered about the other Volt benefits - I don't need wifi pods and don't mind having a slightly slower broadband speed. Would I be able to cancel the sim within the 14 day cooling off period and still have my Virgin package unaffected - all the same TV channels and the same price? The wording of the contract is confusing on this and I would really like a straightforward response in writing.

I have looked at other responses to similar questions on this forum, but a lot of them seem to involve the Ultimate package or existing customers re-contracting, neither of which applies to me. Any advice appreciated, particularly from customer service agents. TIA.

16 REPLIES 16

I read through the T&Cs and zero mention of Volt.

Unfortunately I ported my number, so will just try and get the cheapest monthly package next week once I am somewhere with internet again.

Currently in a good coverage area but it has no useable internet connectivity.

If they complain I will just change it again.

Checked my account on 02 and it won't let me change for 30 days from the start of the contract.

The O2 part of this deal is absolutely rubbish. 
Why has the fastest broadband provider paired with the slowest mobile operator?

Poor coverage and no usable bandwidth.   
When in a good coverage area, in direct line sight of the mast and you get less than 1 Mbits download.
Google maps in the car no longer works because of lack of signal.

Hi @notdodgy thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

Is this just the case when you are in the town centre or does this occur for you at home too?

Many thanks

Tom_W

At home there is a 5G mast 200 metres away.

But we have 1gig broadband so its not particularly helpful.

Most places I go locally seem to lack any capacity - there is signal but you cannot down load anything.

@notdodgy wrote:

Checked my account on 02 and it won't let me change for 30 days from the start of the contract.

The O2 part of this deal is absolutely rubbish. 
Why has the fastest broadband provider paired with the slowest mobile operator?

Poor coverage and no usable bandwidth.   
When in a good coverage area, in direct line sight of the mast and you get less than 1 Mbits download.
Google maps in the car no longer works because of lack of signal.

Have to say my experience of O2 is completely different. Strong signal almost everywhere I go, good data speeds and Google Maps and Waze work really well.

This is something that they can and need to fix. 

Today it seems a bit better - getting 4 mbits so usable.

wjk45
On our wavelength

I’ve cancelled the O2 part of my contract for the very same reason, when away from home the data speed is either pitifully slow or non-existent.