Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE VIRGIN LIE

jackshereuk
Tuning in

This is the original post and conversations since

Hi 

Thanks for your reply unfortunately after a awful experience with your call centre I'm actually thinking of leaving virgin completely 

I rang up last night to cancel my contract due to the price increase and was offered a new contract same bundle with Netflix for £85 so I would actually save money but said I would speak to my partner

Rang back to take the offer up but was closed

Rang back 9 am to take up the package I was offered the night before and was told I couldn't have the offer as the person last night made a mistake and It would be £93 a month but they know I was offered the deal as it was on the system but wouldn't honour it 

Asked to speak to a manager wasn't allowed to speak to one

If you can help that would be great 

Got a reply through Private chat

I have taken a look at the account today and can see that the call was reviewed today and the agent has noted that this will now be passed to the agent you spoke with initially who will contact you and the deal will be honoured.

I would expect this call back to happen within the next 24 to 48 hours.

If you haven't received the call by end of office hours  on Friday, please pop back to me here and I will chase this internally for you.

Great received a phone call and they honoured the contract after admitting that the deal was offered in the phone conversation 

Great i thought 

Contract arrived it was wrong phoned up again and said i would receive a call back

So posted 

Wow I spoke too soon 

After agreeing to honour the agreed contact £85 a month and ringing me to confirm and a new contract taken out on the 2nd of March  for 18 months I've had a phone call today to say they didn't honour the contract and It will be £96 a month

There saying they have listened to the phone conversations and nothing was agreed even though twice they ha e told me that they had listened to the phone conversation and were honouring it but now they are saying they didn't and are not honoring it

If u can help it would be great if not I will be cancelling and leaving 

Reply was 

Thank you Jackie.

I have taken a look at the account today.

The offer of £59 to us and £26 to O2 still stands (£85 total).

This is the price offered on the call and it is noted that its still available to you.

From the notes on the account, the only thing in dispute is if Netflix was included in that offer price of £85.

The call has been listened to and it has been confirmed that Netflix was not mentioned on that call.

If you would like Netflix included, that would be a different bundle and the cost would be £67 to us and £25 to 02.

We can't do package changes over the forums, if you would like to accept either of those prices above, please call back in to the team and they can assist.

I do hope this helps.

I will be leaving and just wanted to share my experience with people  

Ive been constantly lied from one call to another all because i wanted the package that was offered to new customers and was offered it but then wasnt then was then wasnt and now they want me to pay more for netflix

9 REPLIES 9

jackshereuk
Tuning in

And just a quick update

The prices on the website are new customer offers, the team would be unable to match those unfortunately.

They will offer the best existing customer deals we have available. 

As Netflix wasn't discussed on the call as part of the package/price agreed, we would be unable to add this at no extra cost. 

I am sorry Jackie, I appreciate this isn't the answer you were hoping for. 

Funny Netflix was mentioned in my original post and was told it was honoured

More LIES 

wth IS GOING ON

Just got off of the phone to cancel and there saying my new contract is 93 and i owe 105 in
total thats dearer than my original price increase wth IS GOING ON

jackshereuk
Tuning in

This is the original post and conversations since

Hi 

Thanks for your reply unfortunately after a awful experience with your call centre I'm actually thinking of leaving virgin completely 

I rang up last night to cancel my contract due to the price increase and was offered a new contract same bundle with Netflix for £85 so I would actually save money but said I would speak to my partner

Rang back to take the offer up but was closed

Rang back 9 am to take up the package I was offered the night before and was told I couldn't have the offer as the person last night made a mistake and It would be £93 a month but they know I was offered the deal as it was on the system but wouldn't honour it 

Asked to speak to a manager wasn't allowed to speak to one

If you can help that would be great 

Got a reply through Private chat

I have taken a look at the account today and can see that the call was reviewed today and the agent has noted that this will now be passed to the agent you spoke with initially who will contact you and the deal will be honoured.

I would expect this call back to happen within the next 24 to 48 hours.

If you haven't received the call by end of office hours  on Friday, please pop back to me here and I will chase this internally for you.

Great received a phone call and they honoured the contract after admitting that the deal was offered in the phone conversation 

Great i thought 

Contract arrived it was wrong phoned up again and said i would receive a call back

So posted 

Wow I spoke too soon 

After agreeing to honour the agreed contact £85 a month and ringing me to confirm and a new contract taken out on the 2nd of March  for 18 months I've had a phone call today to say they didn't honour the contract and It will be £96 a month

There saying they have listened to the phone conversations and nothing was agreed even though twice they ha e told me that they had listened to the phone conversation and were honouring it but now they are saying they didn't and are not honoring it

If u can help it would be great if not I will be cancelling and leaving 

Reply was 

Thank you Jackie.

I have taken a look at the account today.

The offer of £59 to us and £26 to O2 still stands (£85 total).

This is the price offered on the call and it is noted that its still available to you.

From the notes on the account, the only thing in dispute is if Netflix was included in that offer price of £85.

The call has been listened to and it has been confirmed that Netflix was not mentioned on that call.

If you would like Netflix included, that would be a different bundle and the cost would be £67 to us and £25 to 02.

We can't do package changes over the forums, if you would like to accept either of those prices above, please call back in to the team and they can assist.

I do hope this helps.

I will be leaving and just wanted to share my experience with people  

Ive been constantly lied from one call to another all because i wanted the package that was offered to new customers and was offered it but then wasnt then was then wasnt and now they want me to pay more for netflix

And just a quick update

The prices on the website are new customer offers, the team would be unable to match those unfortunately.

They will offer the best existing customer deals we have available. 

As Netflix wasn't discussed on the call as part of the package/price agreed, we would be unable to add this at no extra cost. 

I am sorry Jackie, I appreciate this isn't the answer you were hoping for. 

Funny Netflix was mentioned in my original post and was told it was honoured

More LIES 

wth IS GOING ON

Just got off of the phone to cancel and there saying my new contract is 93 and i owe 105 in
total thats dearer than my original price increase wth IS GOING ON

Sorry not 85 but 87 but there not honouring it as there saying netflix is not included but its there in black and white 

And there saying its 93 going up to 118 in July 

What can i do as im going around in circles with customer services and retention 

Please help

Contract.jpg

contract 2.jpg

Just found this even though i was offered deal for 85 i found this it states 87 including netflix that they wont honour Contract.jpgcontract 2.jpg

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jackshereuk,

Welcome back to our Community Forums. Thank you for your post and thank you for updating the thread with your experience.

I can see that you're discussing your contract further with another member of staff. They will come back to you as coon as they can to assist further.

If there's anything else we can assist with, please let us know.

We're here to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No ones dealing with my problem 

Sadly VM are full of **bleep** their “normal” call centres are unable to help with anything other than very minor issues that you can find yourself online usually much quicker and easier,  they refuse to put you through to retentions or senior people as it marks them down they pass you between friends and eventually hang up.  You call back but they system sees you were “disconnected” so puts you back through to the same centre sadly VM customer service is the worst customer service in the UK unless you get to speak to someone “on shore” but golden rocking horse poop in the shape of a four leaf clover  is easier to find. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced jackshereuk,

Can I ask what's been advised via PM?

Also are you still receiving responses?
Regards,

Kain