cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Netflix activation issue

Bialykot
On our wavelength

Hi.  I’ve recently taken out an upgraded Virgin media package (inc O2 SIM) which includes Netflix.  No matter what I do, I can’t activate Netflix.  There’s a button/link on my account page saying ‘Activate Netflix’ but pressing this displays message ‘sending you to Netflix site’ and then returns straight back to my VM account page.  I have tried this from 4 separate computers \ browsers with same result. If I try and log in through my old Netflix account on their website (which I cancelled) I’m only invited to rejoin Netflix and pay again.  I have NOT received a Virgin email with a Netflix activation link (and I’ve checked spam folders).  Have spent several hours on calls to VM call centre who say they will ‘fix’ in 24 hours but that’s not happened.  Can someone here take this forward please (and issue me the email link perhaps)?.  Thanks in advance.

17 REPLIES 17

Tractorboy
Rising star

Join the club!

This has been an issue for nearly 3 months now...

tafrock
Superfast

Aren't u sorted yet tractor boy

Haven't heard anything since email yesterday morning !

tafrock
Superfast

The email you received. Did it have contact details on it. Mine did . They will be awaiting your call , they were mine 

I rang and asked to speak to the rep mentioned in my email. They were on a break but rang me back within 15 minutes 

No phone number is shown , the call that left a voice mail message showed up as Virgin's main number.

Have sent an email asking if any progress...

tafrock
Superfast

They must like me then. I received a call within 25 minutes of filing a complaint. I missed that call so I was left a voicemail. A SMS and email followed within 5 minutes of voicemail with contact details on 

I rang asked for the contact they were on a break but rang me back 15 minutes later. I'm all sorted now. During the Netflix resolution call I casually mentioned I thought ultimate volt was 1gig but the upgrading sales rep said I couldn't have it. The contact from exec team said but You have a hub 5. of course You can go to gig1 it won't cost you anymore . Hey presto Netflix and broadband speed upgraded. Told you they liked me lol

Yes you must be the lucky one!

Neither the email or sms I received gave me a direct number , just a contact of Samantha

I had the 1 gig ok when I upgraded several months ago , so just the Netflix link as an issue.

They have linked this email complaint with an complaint through their system at about the same time , maybe they are working on how much compensation to give me 😁

tafrock
Superfast

Samantha was who I spoke to. She was excellent .

You were the lucky one indeed , I have just got a reply to my email

"So sorry for the delay in getting this resolved for you.

It is a known issue that is affecting a number of customers. We're working really hard, to get this resolved as soon as possible. The latest update from the team, is that they believe they may have found a fix and 50% of customers have now received the activation link. We hope to have the other 50% also issued very soon.

As soon as I have any further updates, I will be back in touch. Please keep an eye out for the activation email, which I hope will be with you within the next few days. "

So for me just another fob off , but I have been used to that over the last 3 months!

Thanks for the contact details anyway..