cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Volt removes virgin broadband discount

Rheavie
Settling in

Just had the joy of spending hours on WhatsApp both yesterday and today. Yesterday was about re contracting my broadband for another 18 months. Seemed to go well with a bit of discount added, was also told I could register for volt and all the wonders it brings which I did later through the virgin app. All seemed well, even got an order summary detailing cost of broadband and o2 sim plan which still included discount. Roll on to today when virgin emailed my new broadband plan with no discount. More hours on WhatsApp to cancel o2 and volt to get back to where I was. Disappointing to have been misled in the first place. Is this really the way it should happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Mine is still discounted but I did things differently  I just signed up for a 12 month SIM only on O2 and then applied for Volt through them. Got the speed boost and contract stayed the same. Of course, I hadn't changed my existing BB contract.

Seem CS are screwing up on Volt.....no surprise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Mine is still discounted but I did things differently  I just signed up for a 12 month SIM only on O2 and then applied for Volt through them. Got the speed boost and contract stayed the same. Of course, I hadn't changed my existing BB contract.

Seem CS are screwing up on Volt.....no surprise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for this, really shouldn’t be that complicated for customers. Not convinced it’s all back as it should be but we’ll see.