cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Netflix

rachl
Tuning in

2B554DDF-20C9-40C1-B23F-103F2F7D5DE4.png

I have upgraded to volt and trying to add Netflix.

Using my virgin media app - I click streaming it then brings up the attached picture, but the link does not work.

if I try and sign up on the tv box it asks for mobile first then sends link to phone to complete registration on payment details no option to add virgin media ….. how do you register????

I also tried chat but I’m afraid they where less than useless!

85 REPLIES 85

Azmeak
Joining in

Id like to join this thread and say I’m currently doing the Netflix dance; complaint is raised (along with a few other issues) - also been repeatedly told it’s not in my bundle, however it is in my order information.

Hilariously the customer service rep I spoke to on the phone accused the salesman of misselling my bundle to me…

First time VM customer, already sharpening a complaint to their independent adjudication.

jen-dea
On our wavelength

Netflix is included in mine B9EEE280-0E7C-4FEE-8B1C-C3254BD2FBD3.jpeg515ED435-E961-4B54-BF82-3661F66ED643.jpeg

jen-dea
On our wavelength

@archercj
Netflix is inc in mine just added to the post on page 6

Had an email last weekend with a Netflix link which is so far ok! 

Just happened to be 3 days after i rang and told them i was going to trading standards. 

Only took 6 weeks of arguing, phoning, being lied to etc.. So not bad. 

Dont give up is my advice, its on your contract which is a legal document, and despite some idiots on here thinking that you are not paying for Netflix, you ARE as its part of your bundle, simple as. 

Good luck mate. 

abawden
Tuning in

Having the same issue here... initially worked but got charged 15.99 for premium when advertised as £5 extra on bill... cancelled online until issue was fixed.. got told to click the button and it doesnt work.. no email from virgin to sign up either... 

Mine appears to be resolved (fingers crossed). 

It's been said time and time again it's often the luck of the draw with Virgin CS, or at least you might stumble on a CS person who is clued up. After numerous conversations I finally got a CS person to a) credit me for being charged for Netflix when I shouldnt have and b) setup a re-occuring credit to cover the cost of Netflix.

Not sure why the system couldnt sort out the latter but my monthly charge is now what I would expect.

I've just been screwed over with this as well. Told it would be a £5 upgrade billed via virgin for netflix to freeze my account and ask for billing details that I assumed was a formality. Instantly charged for £15.99.

Paypal dispute raised, netflix cancelled until sorted so we will see how they handle this farce.

And the VM incompetance continues. 

This one was on Netflix as they unlinked my account then froze it, after giving up with the idiot I spoke to last night I tried again and the person I spoke with sorted it to put the account back to virgin for payment.

I do expect it to bill at £15.99 as there is no way on earth that I will only get billed a fiver as I should be doing but I'll deal with that when I get the next bill.

The same happened to me yesterday.

I went through My Virgin Media, Manage Netflix, Activate, it directed me to Netflix where I logged out of my brother's account that I'm on (for the time being until VM get their act together, or Netflix start chucking family and friends off in the UK after their trials elsewhere).

I created an account, it said I would be billed through Virgin Media, where I expected a fiver to be added to my monthly bill (as the standard £10.99 is included).

Logged back into My Virgin Media where £15.99 had been added onto next month's bill. I promptly cancelled through Netflix online chat.

I should have left it alone, as I hadn't had the "activation email", but naively thought that these issues had now been resolved.

Got on to Virgin Whats App today, where they were apologetic and credited me the £15.99 back, but this still doesn't solve the issue, whereby I can't have my own Netflix account that is supposed to be included in Ultimate Volt.

I still have a free month on my cancelled account, but won't bother and have signed out on all devices.

Given up and I'll continue to leech off my brother's Netflix, who in turn is on my Prime Video and Disney, which I'm sure is how many people do it (for now!)

Maybe one day I'll get this elusive email!