cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+1 to Missing Netflix activation email

PennilessImp749
On our wavelength

Hi there I am a new member of the Missing Netflix Activation Group.

I ordered the Ultimate Volt Package, with Netflix Standard on 13th September.
Due to problems getting cable to house, I didn't get my tv/broadband/phone installed or activated until 25th November (5 days ago).

During this time, to date of order to after installation I have not recieved my Netflix Activation Email.

I still have hope I won't have to wait long as I only got my stuff installed 5 days ago, but I am prone to thinking the worst, because I expect the worst 😞

Can I get the Activation Email please?

ps. Yes I did check my spam emails. I check emails often and search through every email.

Thanks

This is in Entertainment Services, Pending: Adding Soon. If I click activate I get this error. No activation email was sent.This is in Entertainment Services, Pending: Adding Soon. If I click activate I get this error. No activation email was sent.

Contract. Netflix Standard is on my package.Contract. Netflix Standard is on my package.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My Issue was resolved I got the email.

netflix.pngJust to recap, the Pending: Adding Soon dissappeared a day before I called the call centre.

I phoned on Friday the Tech Support on the phone (indian call centre) I presume, and after explaining the situation I was transferred to Tech Support (someone in the uk) I presume with the accents. Explained my situation, and they said they will do a request form / support ticket or something for Netflix and they would sort it out on their end, and it would take a few days.

Its now Monday and I got the email at 5:55pm, and the set up was easy, just clicked the link in the email, and it set up my account as I dont have an exisiting one (you can merge an existing email if you have an account).

Dunno if this helps anyone, but thought I would report back as many other threads dont get people reporting back to say if it was solved or not.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

PennilessImp749
On our wavelength

Okay there is an update to my Netflix activation issue.

It is not saying Pending: Adding Soon ! any more.
It is now saying "You need to finish setting up your Netflix account."
However I still have not recieved my activation email so I can not set up my account.
Clicking on Activate Netflix still gives me the error "
Sorry, something’s gone wrong! We’re having some technical issues. Please try again later."

Please can someone help.

Please send me Netflix Activation Email

Thanks

Forgot to add the picture / screenshotForgot to add the picture / screenshot

I have been waiting a month and still don't have the activation email and attempts to get one, including via private messages on here on another thread, have failed to move things forward. It was suggested as a possible fix that if I signed up for netflix separately and paid £10.99 per month VM would credit me for the same amount each month. I am reluctant to do that though as others have posted that when they did this the rolling credit failed to materialise and they struggled to get refunds!

I had the same "pending" notice as you followed by the error message but that changed this morning to the updated one as shown in your screenshot - followed by the same error message.

How on earth is it so difficult to send out a simple netflix activation code email? or at the very least own up, admit there is a problem and say what is being done to sort it out?

Also a month on still waiting for my Volt broadband speed boost!! Again reported but not sorted.

I Spoke to someone on the phone yesterday, he said he put it down on system and that an email will be coming in the next 10 days or something like that. Still not recieved anything in an email.

Funny thing is that the same thing happened with my 6 months free Disney Plus, however when I called O2 about that they just sent my 6 months Disney+ Activation Email 5 mins of the phonecall and it worked as soon as I clicked the link, like it was nothing the issue was solved. Why cant virgin do the same with the Netflix?

I would like my Netflix Activation Email please.

Thanks

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Pennilesslmp749.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been effected by the Netflix activation issue, that has been experienced by other customers also.

As you have been advised of the E-Mail being generated with the 10 day time frame in place, we would advise to allow this time to pass to see if the E-Mail does in fact arrive.

If this fails to materialise, we will then be able to look into this for you, to see if any alternative arrangements can be made.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

My Issue was resolved I got the email.

netflix.pngJust to recap, the Pending: Adding Soon dissappeared a day before I called the call centre.

I phoned on Friday the Tech Support on the phone (indian call centre) I presume, and after explaining the situation I was transferred to Tech Support (someone in the uk) I presume with the accents. Explained my situation, and they said they will do a request form / support ticket or something for Netflix and they would sort it out on their end, and it would take a few days.

Its now Monday and I got the email at 5:55pm, and the set up was easy, just clicked the link in the email, and it set up my account as I dont have an exisiting one (you can merge an existing email if you have an account).

Dunno if this helps anyone, but thought I would report back as many other threads dont get people reporting back to say if it was solved or not.

Thanks PennilessImp749, so I am awaiting install so the best way is to ring up VM to get this resolved? As there is so many emails regarding this and I am not sure the best way to chase this issue when it's time.

If you are awaiting install, I would wait until after its installed.
I think they dont want to give you netflix, until you have an account active after installation incase you cancel your services.
They claim it takes a few days to sort out anyways (after installation).

1. I got my TV, Broadband and Phone installed on 25th November. (Pending: Adding soon on Entertainment Services on virginmedia.com)
  2. The Pending: Adding soon dissappeared on December the 1st.
  3. My bill was issued on the 2nd December.
  4. I phoned on 2nd December (Friday) Contacting UK Tech Support after being transferred... they put a ticket on system to sort the problem
  5. I got the activation email on Monday 5th December, and everything was hunky dory after that 🙂

I wish everyone luck.

thanks for sharing, and im glad you finally got it sorted! 👍  its still pants you have install on day 1 and you cannot use netflix on the same day! a bit cheeky.

BTW how did you get through to UK tech support? is that the same number ending in 1111?