cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 £25 Sim

Baldee
Tuning in

Why do you have to pay £25 for 02 sim when accepting a volt package. I don't need unlimited data etc. I've spoken with 02 retentions now and am paying £17 for 15gb. Doubled to 30gb with 02/Virgin volt.  Why wasn't I informed I could do this at start. I feel conned. 02 retentions said i can change package anytime via app.?.

O2 reception by me is rubbish I'm constantly loosing signal. I never had a problem with Virgin sim which I'd had for years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Baldee 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

You'd need the SIM as it is part of the Volt package, you can change it etc to a lower tariff etc if available but this is something you'd need to speak to O2 about.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Baldee 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry you're not happy about the cost of the SIM part of the deal. This is the deal though with Volt, you'll need the O2 SIM as it comes with it. You don't need to use it necessarily but it does come with the package. 

I am sorry about any signal issues, do check here 👉 https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker to see any issues but this maybe something you need to chat to O2 about 👉 https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

I'm even more confused now I spoke with Virgin Media, last week they put me straight through to 02 retentions. Who informed me you can change your 02 package anytime. They sorted out unlimited calls and texts plus 15gb data, doubled to 30gb as both a customer of Virgin Media and O2. At 15:00 plus vat etc at around £17:00 I could of reduced it further to £12:00 for 5gb data doubled to 10gb as Virgin and 02 customer. They also told me I can change every month if I want via my02 app. I double checked They said it doesn't effect Volt package. This is very misleading by both Virgin and 02. I've been a loyal customer of Virgin going back to when it was Birmingham Cable approximately 30-40 years. I'm not very happy at all at this moment with Virgin or 02. I feel very mislead.

Kind regards

Gary

Hi @Baldee 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

You'd need the SIM as it is part of the Volt package, you can change it etc to a lower tariff etc if available but this is something you'd need to speak to O2 about.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi John,

Thanks for you prompt reply.

I did contact 02 first, they told me I could reduce package anytime via my02 app.

Kind of

Gary

Oxo29
Dialled in

Up to you to read contract.

Virgin sales hardly going to tell you that you can cancel. The bundle price is to get you to sign the deal as advertised but it's two separate contracts so you could have down graded to the £8 O2 deal or cancelled within 14 days and just added another family members of SIM.  

Re coverage, thought they used same network so why would coverage be different?

Virgin Mobile had used EE and then Vodafone not O2.

Regarding the option to change the O2 tariff, I've done this and now I'm paying £14.07 for 50GB doubled to 100GB with Volt benefits. The idea is not to use the O2 upgrade option from your account, I found this deal on Hotukdeals from uSwitch and it worked. There is even a cheaper tariff available at that time £10 for 25GB doubled to 50GB with Volt benefits. So, keep an eye to these offers in the future. 

Tavis75
Super solver

So just to confirm, I can contact O2 and downgrade the contract and this does not affect my Ultimate Volt bundle?

Currently paying nearly £30 (up from £25) for the unlimited O2 SIM which is a waste of money as my current average usage per month according to O2 is (297MB, 4 texts, 7.5 minutes).

Tried changing my tariff online but only option it shows is the unlimited tariff I am on.

Ring them on 202 from your mobile, customer services, ask for retentions. They changed mine to 15gb doubled to 30gb as customer of virgin and 02. Could of reduced further to £12 

They told me can change via app up and down anytime per month