Menu
jackiesb19
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

vhd box upgrade

i have also today received a letter about  a frree upgrade of my old vhd box which  is now not allowing me to watch on demand ,,,,, i have 2 vhd boxes will i get two replacements  also at no change to my bill and no monthly charge or installation fee ,,,,i so hate ringing the helpline i have had nothing but problems with them ,so abrasive and they dont listen or make mistakes is there no where i can ring in the uk ,i have the new tivo box also ,,,,,,help

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: vhd box upgrade

If your boxes are not allowing you to watch On Demand, then there is a fault. This service hasn't been turned off (except for BBC content) so you might be better going down the faults route and booking an engineer as there may be signal issues to address.

Whichever way you go about this I think you will end up having to ring and speak to them. The upgrade part of the website has been broken for years with no sign of a fix. It works for some customers, but doesn't work for many.

The official line according to the upgrade page is "one free TiVo box upgrade per account enabling replacement of oldest Virgin TV set top box" but it is very much in Virgin's interests to rid their network of these legacy boxes so they should really be swapping them both.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos