Menu
treepaul
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

v+ box upgrade

hi I've just received a letter from virgin stating that my v+ box is becoming obsolete and that they will send me a new v6 box FREE of charge 

I have tried doing it online but it keeps coming up with error please phone the 0345 number so I have done that then the guy on the other end is trying to charge me a £40 activation fee therefore making the upgrade not free 

has anyone else having this problem 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: v+ box upgrade

try the thinking of leaving us option, you get a uk call center and someone who knows what they are doing

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When are VM going to sort out this mess? The order process is not working properly for most people and customers are being given the run around on the phone. Absolutely pathetic company.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

See..

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TV-services-stopping-on-28th-Feb/td-p/3911537

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @treepaul

I am sorry you've been advised of a charge, all our V+ and VHD customers are eligible to upgrade their box to a V6 or TiVo for no additional charge and no new contract.

It's likely the £40 is an engineer install fee, if you choose to do QuickStart self-install, then this fee doesn't apply. If you've already got a V6 box then you won't be able to do QuickStart, but in this case there shouldn't be a fee.

The swaps can only be done online or over the phone - so if this is still outstanding and the website is still giving an error, I'd suggest calling again and discussing the options and the reasons for the engineer install fee.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules